Compacting and Freezing Snapshots

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by DVD+R, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I just read a review article where a guy said he had frozen a particular snapshot,and compacted another to save space, Yet I cant seem to find the Option to do this. I have the 3.21 Build 205 version, yet I cant find it in tools or options or anywhere else, Where is it :doubt:

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Native NTFS compression feature?

Blue

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

You select a compressed snapshot when you first create it in the copy process. I suspect the only way to compress an existing one is to create a new compressed snapshot.

4. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Ok but Also how do I freeze A snapshot :doubt: I cant find that option either :doubt:

5. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

There was a period that HDS was selling a full FDISR but without the Freeze function.
    Three Freeze functions should be visible under "Actions" : Freeze, Unfreeze and Freeze Previous, sometimes greyed out.

6. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

BAH! That where I got mine from, and It looks like I have the version without Freeze :argh:

7. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

That is possible, Chris got also a FDISR without freeze from HDS.
    In those days, you had to ASK/BEG HDS for a FDISR with freeze, otherwise they gave you FDISR without freeze. I think you had to write a ticket or something to get the full FDISR.

I was lucky, because I bought my FDISR from Raxco and they offered always the full FDISR, even when they weren't resellers anymore.
    FDISR without Freeze was created and sold by HDS only. HDS must have hated that freeze function, because of the space it used. LOL.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.