Comodo & Windows Firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by SteveBlanchard, Jul 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveBlanchard

SteveBlanchard Registered Member

Strange this.
    Was downloading local radio from the BBC on real player; Windows Firewall popped up to say it was blocking part of RealPlayer - strange thing is I am running Comodo Firewall Pro and not Windows Firewall!

Obviously I have turned off Windows Firewall, but my question here is Why didn't Comodo Firewall turn it off?

2. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

I can't necessarily answer this, but a bit of clarification for those that might.
    Are you asking:
    - Why didn't the install of Comodo turn the Windows firewall off, or
    - Why didn't Comodo alert re the Real Player?

Had you turned the Windows Firewall off when installing Comodo, or is that something you've just done following the alert?

The first time I installed Comodo, it turned the Windows firewall off, subsequent times the Security centre reported otherwise, but resetting the repository fixed that, ie it was a reporting mistake; the Windows firewall was off, it was just reported as on.

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hmmmm.... I always thought windows FW not being turned off is a Comodo bug on my system.
    How can I know this?

Thanks

4. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

Control Panel>Windows Firewall...the interface should have the "off" thingy selected.
    On the other hand, if you open the Windows Security Centre, and it's showing that the Windows Firewall is on, you need to reset the repository.
    I believe the installation of Comodo should turn off the windows firewall, but sometimes the security centre gets itself all confused, the poor thing.

Attached Files:

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

In my case it was probably ON whenever I installed CFP. I have to turn it off manually. But I will recheck.

Thanks

6. SteveBlanchard

SteveBlanchard Registered Member

Thank You.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.