Comodo: What do they need to do, to improve their product line?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Tyrizian, Jul 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

I'll list a few:

Comodo Cleaning Essentials:

1. Updating the virus signature database can take too long

2. Killswitch & Autoruns - Sometimes if it finds an "FS.Unknown" file, I'm unable to submit either as suspicious or a False Positive

Comodo Internet Security Premium:

1. Sometimes after installing the suite, it can take awhile for the processes to start up. I've seen this happen on quite a few machines

2. The suite is definitely light, but could use some tweaking to better improve Memory spiking, CPU and especially Disk I/O.

3. The interface could use some refinements

4. Make the Sandbox/Kiosk an optional component to the suite, also give the user base the choice to run it as a standalone product.

Comodo Ice Dragon:

1. More browser tweaks

2. Add more features that set's it apart from Firefox.

These are just a few examples of very few products they offer....

So, what do you think Comodo should do, to improve their product line?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  2. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Well CCE it would just be nice if they updated it, as it hasn't been updated since last year...

AV could use some improving to be up there with the more popular AVs, though it sounds like they have improved it quite a bit, and the auto-sandbox brings it up there.

3. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

make the av lighter imo. as well as offer a easier setup for the average user. so one does not have to answer a million pop ups and questions. its far better than the old way they did things but still not nearly as user friendly for me to recc it to the average user imo.

i dont like the browser personally and cce i used to use more but i really use it very little anymore

4. TheWindBringeth

TheWindBringeth Registered Member

I think the local proxy redirection vulnerabilities remain cloudy and AFAICT some remain. Frankly, I think *the developers* should test various combinations and publish a table showing which combinations are vulnerable to which redirection techniques. Perhaps even release a tool for that, so that not only CFW users but users of other firewalls could test their systems and see for themselves where the vulnerabilities are. If it is technically possible to eliminate any vulnerable combinations... especially those involving Windows 7 or Windows 8... that should be a topmost priority. If some combinations can't be protected against, a priority should be to build in a detection feature that monitors for such scenarios and alerts the user to their existence.

5. siketa

siketa Registered Member

When did you use it last time?
    What million popups, buddy?
    HIPS IS OFF BY DEFAULT! :mad:
    And I doubt average Joe is gonna change default settings.

6. DBone

DBone Registered Member

How about fixing Dragon so it doesn't eat itself while doing an internal update? They can't even get this right, lord knows what happens deep inside their security software. :thumbd:

7. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

I use chiron's settings for the most part and find it very light and effective...:thumb:

8. siketa

siketa Registered Member

What do you mean? o_O

9. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Learn freaking English. Every time i had to explain anything to them, it took 20 freaking pages and they still didn't get it. :rolleyes: And that reflects in the quality of their stuff. Or they just plain don't care. I don't know. I just know that pretty much all the other companies understood me after 1 or 2 bug reports and also fixed that in update or two where Comodo takes ages to understand anything, ages to fix anything and in the end they are reassuring you it got fixed and after you re-evaluate the issue, it's still there... and after all this they want to convince you that you are in fact wrong and that they are right and that it was fixed. And then they go on about something completely irrelevant about that bug. I just don't get these people, i really don't.

10. siketa

siketa Registered Member

They replied it's a lower priority bug.
    BTW, I am a product translator and there are new options for the next version egemen promised to deliver for you....;)

11. ZeroDay

ZeroDay Registered Member

Simply? Add a webguard.

12. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Not needed, says CEO.

13. spywar

spywar Registered Member

What ? I installed it on friend's gamers PC... They have a really bad level (lvl=0) only thing they can do with a computer, is launch CSS... They had NOTHING to worry about CIS, they just stopped thinking about buying a new license of their old paid AV... Really impressed about CIS 6 for average users, it's more than quiet. And I bet that upcoming BB will be quiet as well by default (it will be blocking apps having bad behavior automatically while they are running in partially limited sandbox :thumb: ).

14. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

In the years i have used CIS i have never had a problem with it except for the 1st initial release of v6 which had cpu spiking problems.
    Those problems have gone and now it runs silently as ever.

I dont use CCE as its pointless unless you have an infection which is stubborn and not easily removed,i have never had an infection while comodo was installed.

I have tried a few firewalls in the past but i always return to the comodo firewall as it is light and never given me any trouble.

Ever since i first used the internet,this was the first security suite i saw.(v4.0.0) and i have used it ever since with no issues.

They are giving us this program for free and it doesnt contain any adware or nagware and it just works.

15. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

They replied about something completely irrelevant about the bug (changes in the GUI that are not even needed because the features under it are broken). And that makes me believe they just don't understand plain simple English.

16. siketa

siketa Registered Member

I know...this is more like a workaround....

17. guest

guest Guest

-CIS needs better signature dedection ability.
    -join Av-comparatives Test.
    -CIS needs faster white files response speed. And sometimes white files(verified by CIS forum white list team) doesnt show as white on CIS.
    -General stability. They are fixing about 300bug every version and the new update coming with another 300bug fix.
    -I like Avast's autosandbox analyser, Maybe they can add their own client side sandbox analysis
    -compatability impromevents, Truster rapport example. When i use tr with cis, virtualized browser's green border disappear
    -They can add exploid protection, like Kaspersky, Panda, Malwarebytes,...
    -They can add keystroke encryption like zemana free, Spyshelter, Keyscramber...
    -More flexible sandbox option like Sandboxie.
    -They can add bitdefender safepay like banking module (There are virtual kiosk but i think they are different concept)

18. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Don't forget product support out of their flagships. Plenty aren't updated regularly, and some left to die.

19. Nothing important :argh: :argh: :argh: maybe they could improve the (claimed to be) best firewall in the world, by bringing the filtering capabilities (very basic function of a FW :D :D :D ) on par with the simplest router and change the default settings :cool: :cool: :cool:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2013
  20. ZeroDay

ZeroDay Registered Member

I'll just believe the one ceo who says it's not needed then, never mind all the others that include web guards lol.

21. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

He wasn't stating that the concept of a webguard wasn't needed in general,just (in his opinion),unnecessary with CIS.

The best way to convince him otherwise would be to show some examples of infections on a system protected by CIS,that would be prevented by a web guard.

22. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Every time I try Dragon again on a clean install production machine, it always kills itself when doing an internal update to the next version. After this happens, I can't use or uninstall Dragon or install the new version. Others on their forum have also had the same issue. I never had this issue until about 8 months ago, and ever since I can not run Dragon.

23. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Never had that issue with dragon when i used it.
    When it updated i re-launched it from within the about window and it updated just fine everytime.

24. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Yep, most don't have a problem, but some do. I don't any more, cause I don't use it. ;)

25. siketa

siketa Registered Member

I think new Opera is officially out...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.