Comodo weirdness

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Drew99GT, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drew99GT

Drew99GT Registered Member

OK, I got Comodo back up and running. I have an airport extreme wireless router that acts as a print server and I need to use a program called Bonjour (all Mac stuff) so my windows based computer can see the printer hooked up to the airport extreme. When I last had Comodo, Bonjour needed a specific port to be opened in/out.

Now, Comodo prompted me for the application request and is set for TCP/UDP out only on any port and Bonjour works fine (without the specific port opened for inbound).

What the hey? :blink: Is Comodo working properly and even blocking ports?

2. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Hello. :)

I had a brief encounter with Bonjour. :)

As I remember this (Bonjour) wants to use more than one port for TCP and UDP. See this nice Apple's site regarding port requirements for their software.

These are quite open fot outbound, but it would at least still have to use inbound for multicast (224.0.0.x) DNS responder on UDP port 5353, as per that apple site.
    Actually I'm clueless, I'm not an expert on Comodo, perhaps they invented some kind of super-SPI. :D
    Have you tried Comodo forums. I believe you'll get more responses there.

Regards. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.