comodo vs ZA Free

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Antus, Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antus

Antus Registered Member

Would appreciate the members comment on these 2 which do you consider better? I am currently running comodo on my new 64 bit amd processor. Also does ZA free able to run on a 64 bito_O Appreciate your input as usual. :)

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

id say Comodo is better since it doesnt lack any features. ZA free, OTOH, is limited compared to the paid version.

I havent tried ZA in years, but Comodo is very good with games and p2p. Its also good against leaktests.

3. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hi Antus,
    I will have to agree with "WSFuser"
    Comodo will give you more filtering options and more protection than the ZA "free version". You mention "AMD_64", yes the processor is 64 bit, but what is your O.S. Is this 64 bit?

4. Antus

Antus Registered Member

Hi Stem:
    Yes my Os is XP governed by 64bit processor. What I have a a compaq Presairo sr2023 wm AMD 64 athlon. XP media Center. Appreciate your input and
    WSFuser. Stem the reason I asked about ZA and 64 bit I was not sure if its compatbile or not, what is your opiniono_O

5. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Comodo is a lot stronger then the free version of zone alarm since the pay for version of zone alarm has 2 more layers of security when the free version has only one.

6. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I uninstalled ZA to come to Comodo. Don't get me started. :D

7. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hi Antus,
    I would say, from your choice, to go with Comodo.
    ZA free options have gone less and less over the years, and now it is just an application firewall, and the fact it allows its own apps internet access without notice/logging as always bugged me. So go for Comodo.

As for the 64 bit. You need to check your O.S. I think (but could be wrong) there are 5 different types of "XP media Center",.... you are probably running the 32 bit version.

8. Antus

Antus Registered Member

Hi Stem:
    You are correct OS32 bit......thanks to you and all for your comments much appreciated!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.