Comodo vs KIS6 other than cost, when KIS rated better?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by boberang, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boberang

boberang Registered Member

Now, other than costs, what are the major differences between Comodo and Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0o_O KIS6 rates a ton better on firewallleaktester.com than comodo, but comodo seems to get the love in these forums.

Is it just because it is free?

w/o caring about costs, which would you chose?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

the version tested was much older. teh current 2.4 is one of the best if not the best against leaktests.

also keep in mind that KIS is a full suite and Comodo is just a firewall.

i use KIS on my Vista computer and Comodo on my XP computer. i like both and would not hesitate to recommend either one.

3. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Same here, although not with Vista yet. :thumb:

4. boberang

Well, if you wouldn't hesitate to pick from either one, which one would you pick? ;-)

My situation is I use shadowuser (like deepfreeze) and the family doesn't surf THAT many questionable sites, so not too concerned about viruses. Actually, in 20 years of using computers I have never had a virus and am tempted to go w/o. Actually, on your pc's you use comodo, what do you do for AV?

So I am mostly after the firewall and am switching away from Zone Alarm. Why? I have a heck of a time getting it to work with gotomypc and am hoping comodo or KIS will work better with it. Subscription to ZoneAlarm suite is up so good time to try something else.

On my lifebook I use LookNStop and antivir, partly for the low memory usage, but on the family desktop low memur usage isn't a concern with 2 gigs of ram.

So I need something to help me pick between Comodo and some probably free AV scanner (or none at all) or go with the KIS. Any thoughts?

5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i pair Comodo with KAV.

as for picking one, id go with Comodo and a good AV. but if youre concerned about resources then KIS may be better.

6. boberang

Not concerned with resources or price (assuming under $100). Low resources and free are of course desirable, but not at the expense of performance.

7. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

I've been using KAV 6 for a while now, and I just installed the new Comodo 2.4 today. They seem to be working fine together. If you want stand alone apps, give Comodo a try. If you want a suite, then KIS 6 is a good choice.

8. dah145

dah145 Registered Member

KIS is always a good choice, it has good anti-leaking protection but not as Comodo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.