COMODO Time Machine BETA Released!

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Dragons Forever, Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

well if it works like rollback rx does (which seems to be the case) it loads before windows so u can restore it easily to a working snapshot. :thumb:

2. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

from comodo forum regard to CTM faces rollbac RX/ eaz fix , one of COMODO developer or head chief egeman

"Besides the hudreds of bug-fixes, another difference is the performance. CTM has been modified significantly and it has very high disk performance compared to others."

as u all know HD performance in such softwares make it from good to bad , and its only in beta stage, wounder if so how the final build will look like ;)

cheers

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

CMT is a very very nice piece of software for any PC except for a PC that have sensitive data with no proper backup plan in place. There is always a chance that ur system can be trashed and even data recovery might be a nightmare or impossible at all.

If u have no sensitive data and have a good backup, I will not live without CMT.

4. demoneye

aiwa naham ;)

5. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Oh my gosh! Been using AyRecovery since a free license offer in December and now could not live without this type of program. Just today, for perhaps the fourth or fifth time, I installed a Chrome clone (ChromiumPlus) and again it offered nothing in my opinion. Before I installed it I made a snapshot (maybe one second). Then when I realized I didn't want CP, I restored to that snapshot. Less than three minutes later I was back. If it wasn't for that I'd have been jumping through hoops, using Revo or ZSoft, RegCleaner, RegSeeker, deleting C:\Program Files, maybe needing Unlocker and also deleting AppData files, all to rid myself of CP. I'd have also had to back up the reg files before deletion.

6. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

same situation for me, culdnt live without rollback rx.

7. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

This is a great application !

Since installing it yesterday, I've tried thirteen different antivirus/firewall combinations or security suites and (so far) have experienced absolutely no glitches in CTM.

This is a dream product for those of us who like to experiment. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

By the way; the question from DOSawaits about a non-starting operating system;
    CTS allows access for a roll back prior to OS boot-up, so you're covered on that issue.

8. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Any tested with imaging software? Do you have to make backups of system partition from outside of Windows backing up all sectors to backup all snapshots? Just curious and thanks.

Gary

9. demoneye

look there are 2 software confirmed be able do it , drive snap shot and shadow protect , u just have to select something like " copy sector by sector".
    since i am using drive snap shot i upload a image , loot at the red circle, it got to be tagged if u want to make all snaps backup.

this method will take long time and space , also for me it doesn't work, make all my snaps get bad so i have to re install eaz fix again loosing all my snaps, but it append only to me as far as i know ' so it may work for you or others out there :)

cheers :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  10. DOSawaits

DOSawaits Registered Member

Thanks for the explanation, so I suspect it alters the MBR then, hope to see some user experience with people having a multi-boot system, using third party software like BootIt NG, would be awesome if it would work will in these configurations too.

Really looking forward to this Time Machine.

11. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Again to sae all snapshots, I would suspect you must do an image outside of Windows from Recovery CD imaging all sectors. Hope someone will try this and maybe one day, I will look into this product. Thanks.

Gary

12. demoneye

yes , outside windows ,with the proper boot cd to make the image.

13. aegreen

aegreen Registered Member

Anybody know if you can select which disks to protect. On my machine it automatically protects my C and D drives, but I only want my C drive protecting as I use D for backups. There doesn't seem to be an option in settings but there may be another way. Any ideas?

14. SourMilk

SourMilk Registered Member

Will it work on a drive with multiple partitions (eg. C:[OS]; D:[games])?

SourMilk out

15. brihy1

brihy1 Registered Member

it protects all the hd partitions,as i have 1 hd with a c: and d: partition and it covers both which i dont want only want c: (d: use for macrium backups) protected so hopefully they will add this feature at sometime where you can protect the partitions that you want.i added it to the comodo wishlist.

16. cet

cet Registered Member

I tested it on my VM.It works like a charm.

17. Woody777

Woody777 Registered Member

Yes in my VM it also works like a charm. Thanks Demoneye for confirming that you must do backups outside of windows. Now can yo run a defragmenter or not?

18. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

I tried installing Time Machine today, but it won't let me. It says "unsupported disk detected." I don't know about that, but my laptop hard drive is definitely not something special.

19. wtsinnc

I know this will be integrated into CIS, but I hope Comodo will also make CTM available as a separate application.

I would also like to see it compatible with Older Windows operating systems such as W2K, W98/98SE, and '95.

20. cet

cet Registered Member

I had the same warning.I uninstalled Returnil and then I was able to install CTM.Maybe you have a conflicting program too.

21. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

I'd try it at final release if it's separate from CIS. Did anybody notice the horrible review and testing stats for CIS in PC World last month?

Here's the whole review and testing methods, etc.:
    http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/product/290845/review/internet_security.html

Whoever said "All publicity is good publicity?" I'm not so sure in this case.

Bottom line: I'll give Time Machine a chance but only if its kept as a stand-alone program.
    (Looks nice)

22. wtsinnc

Really good to know that CTM will be available as a stand-alone.

Thanks, ssj100.

23. TheIgster

TheIgster Registered Member

Yep, mine too. A pretty new HP system, and said drive not supported.

24. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Yes, that's good to know. You're right, my link about the antivirus was only partly off-topic, as it was to show why I hope they would keep it stand-alone. Glad they will. Thanks for the info, ssj100!

25. dw2108

dw2108 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.