COMODO Time Machine 2.3.124200.152 RC2 Released

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by ViVek, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ViVek

ViVek Registered Member

COMODO Time Machine 2.3.124200.152 RC2 Released

What's news in RC2?
    =============
    NEW! Multi-language selection is available for installation.
    NEW! Free space and current users in status bar.
    FIXED! Improved updater. Updater will be more stable.
    FIXED! Improved installation on multi-OS environment.
    FIXED! More than 50 fixes in the GUI.
    FIXED! A couple of bugs in help file.
    FIXED! Can't work with build-in card reader.

INfo and download
    http://forums.comodo.com/beta_corner_ctm/comodo_time_machine_23124200152_rc2_released-t48759.0.html

2. korben

korben Registered Member

Doesn't support Raid which is a major drawback.

Anyways, looking forward to see how the final fares!

3. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

Thanks for that.

Is there a download link for those who are not registered at the Comodo Forums ?

4. Basic

Basic Registered Member

wtsinnc,

Check your PM.

Regards.

5. korben

korben Registered Member

some component missing - the installer says
    i had to restart vista sp1 to be able to uninstall but on booting i saw red screen sayin: installing.
    it reached 85% and stopped
    i hit 'escape' and now all I get is black screen saying 'insert media to boot from'
    ok, inserted my recovery that I made with macrium... but now i cannot see anything but C: and that's umm empty...

any solution guys? is my D: safe? my files are there
    upon installing CTM i only chose to 'secure' C: from its options

6. dcrowe0050

dcrowe0050 Registered Member

Yes I ran into the same problem with an earlier beta version, was told it was fixed but I guess its still a little buggy. Neways man and I hate to recommend this but run a full system recovery, thats the only way I could get mine fixed. I was able to recover a lot of files but could never find my other partitions only my system partition. Im sure their is some other way to get around factory recovery but this is all i know

7. korben

korben Registered Member

RC2, final RC, version almost final and a lil buggy?
    :pauses to take a deep breath:

I have restored my windows and lost all my files.
    Thank you, Comodo Time Machine.
    Thank you.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  8. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

I've been giving this a try but not for me,at least yet.It feels as if the system is running in tar now,long menu delays,slow start-up/shutdown,etc.Good job I created a full disk Macrium image before installation.

9. korben

korben Registered Member

More and more people experiencing various issues. [visit comodo forum to see for yourself]

My personal advice [based on a very frustrating loss of partition with data and then many hours of recovering it] is:

wait for the FINAL

I am not going to use it in the future - macrium/ acronis at least work when needed.

10. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

been using all RC of ctm , for me its works fast no bugs and i feel its better than rb / ef which i used for 2 years !!

way to go comodo !

11. andyman35

I think that this type of software performs differently on every system it's installed upon.It seems to be fussy as to which other applications it's co-existing with.

I reckon that it's a great concept in principle and hopefully once finalized it'll be compatible for the majority of users.

12. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

it wuld be even better if Time Machine worked more like FD-ISR did instead of the way rollback rx does, it wuld be much more stable and compatible that way.

13. andyman35

I'm not really familiar with FD-ISR to any great depth but stability and compatibility are vital for me personally.Especially with software that has such control over the system.

14. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

For the most part, I'm a big fan of CTM.

I always download applications from trusted vendors and do not use any form of peer-to-peer or instant messaging software.

I use xp exclusively, both Pro/SP 2 and Home/SP 2 editions.

For whatever reason, I occasionally get blue screened, but everything reverts to normal operation following a reboot and the recovery or repair of corrupted files by Windows.
    I have no idea why this happens.
    It seems to be totally random.

-And-

I keep images via macrium.

15. demoneye

generally i agree , but CTM improved things OVER EF / RB software which are very familiar to a person use them in the past (like me) so its ,more than u said mate :)

16. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Had a bear of a time today uninstalling AyRecovery. I had analyzed the install a year ago with ZSoft and figured I'd use it. Well things went south real fast. Every boot was producing a locked up memory dump but I tried the home key and I still had my AyR snapshots. I restored to the latest snapshot which allowed me to uninstall AyR with its uninstaller, but Firefox would not work, even after uninstall and re-installs. Finally discovered it was a corrupted flash plugin. Got that sorted and am now a CTM user and so far so good. Not exactly like AyR but I'll learn. First lesson needs to be this though: If I run into a major problem, can I enter CTM at boot by hitting the Home key like AyR? Thank You!

17. firzen771

yes u can.

18. demoneye

fdisr sux in many ways , it is limited uses prevent ppl from use it , also its very "heavy" when it come to rollback to previous state.
    don't get me wrong , i am using it on one of my pcs (act like server) so its there just in case something goes wrong (didn't rollback for 1 year)
    CTM like offer a much more fast rollback and easy approach .

19. demoneye

yes , they share same core code , even CTM developed the source code much further than ayr / RB / EF.

cheers

20. firzen771

ye i know thats the trade-off, u loose speed, but u get more reliability and more compatibility. which tbh wen dealing with this type of software is a good trade-off.

21. demoneye

i am not sure since latest build doesn't support win 7, also its technique is old , putting the snap in a hidden dir wont prevent today malware for killing it....

22. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

It wasn't designed for preventing malware, it was designed for reliable system recovery.

People have indeed gotten it working on windows 7, check the Leapfrog forum.

Also demoneye, CTM should have been developed faster, they didn't have to develop the core code.

23. demoneye

peter i know they found a way install it on win 7 , but this how we call a "curve"(or a dirty walk threw) not a neutral support , even developer says he will make win 7 support in the far future :)

also i dont agree to the bold red line . if u check CTM u will see it support ALL Hard drives in your pc !!! in RB or EF this option was missing for ages (since ver 7) also RB developer admit he CANT make new build install over top the old one , he said u must uninstall (loose all snaps) and reinstall the new build/ver!
    in CTM this problem and many more been SOLVED over the RC`S !! YOU CAN USE ONLINE UPDATE WITH OUT LOOSE THE SNAPS!!(tested working)

when it come to comodo we talk quality man , not a car racing :D
    cheers ;)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  24. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

So on a Vista Home premium, SP1 laptop, after the install reboot the install "stalls" at 84%. I can't find a resolution on their site! Any theories, thank you!

25. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I highly suspect a conflict between Marcium and CTM. Let them know pls.

When I tied Marcium with Eaz-Fix, i got very nice blue screens. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.