Comodo Stopping NOD32 updating

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by The_Goon, Oct 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Goon

The_Goon Registered Member

Had to uninstall Comodo firewall as it was stopping NOD32 updating, i allowed through the firewall but it would'nt allow nod32 to connect to any servers. I uninstalled comodo and now NOD32 works fine. Gone back to sygate firewall for the moment and again NOD32 works fine. Any reason why comodo would do this, or am i being thick!!!

2. ejr

ejr Registered Member

NOD32 and Comodo play together just fine on my computer. Make sure that the NOD32krn.exe file has unlimited access.

3. ejr

ejr Registered Member

I forgot...I think NOD might be on Comodo's list of known applications. Click the "security" button in Comodo. Click the "tasks" button. Then click "scan for known applications".

Comodo will automatically make rules for known trusted applications. I think NOD might be on that list.

4. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Well, my Comodo let NOD32 update without problems. I even tested PcAudit which tried to inject a .dll into nod32 process and then to connect to internet using it. I denied this action but then NOD32 updated just fine. :)

5. The_Goon

The_Goon Registered Member

Thanks guys,i'll try her again tomorrow,must admit i did like comodo, would be nice to use it again.

6. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I use both and I can get the NOD32 updates without any problem...

7. cprtech

cprtech Registered Member

If you install Comodo again, check Component Monitor and make sure none of the libraries in the ss attached are blocked. Otherwise, allowing Nod32krn.exe access outbound, TCP, port 80 should work.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.