Comodo stays stuck with Avast

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by chaos16, Nov 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

when i used to use Win Xp pro for me Comodo 2.4 firewall was the best for me.

Now i am in Vista Home premium i have used Comodo 3.0 and i don't like it because it stays stuck not responding.

I use Avast Free antivirus i don't know if there are conflicts but my pc is more slow and Comodo stays stuck.

Anyone has the same problem?

ive tries to update but it stays stuck.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

3. tradetime

tradetime Registered Member

I have not noticed any significant conflict between the two in the short space of time I have been running them on an XP machine, with regards to WSFuser's quoted post, probably can't really comment on the first as I have not been running it long enough, but with regard to the second, if there is a delay in boot, as I haven't run a stopwatch, ;) then it's negligable, though this is as I said on an XP machine.

4. Morley44

Morley44 Registered Member

Same problem here. I tried the new version of Comodo last night with Avast free on Vista Home Premium and it hung my computer up. However, since I have both Acronis and DriveImage XML, it only takes a few minutes to re-image. I did get Comodo to work with AVG free.

5. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

Ive started to use ThreatFire with Avast and i quite like it. i use Threat Fire except from Boclean.

Or u think Boclean is more effective withe Avast than having Avast & boclean

6. Terror_Eyez

Terror_Eyez Registered Member

Hmm, I don't use Comodo since I don't have a need for a firewall anymore, but from what I've seen, Comodo v3 is having quite a bit of conflicts with many programs.:doubt:
    Hey, does Comodo have some kind of a forum or something? Maybe you guys could contact them and see if they can look into these conflicts and fix them in a later verison of Comodo FW?

7. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

There already is one. They need time to fix the bugs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.