COMODO Registry Cleaner

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by rendez2k, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SystemJunkie

SystemJunkie Resident Conspiracy Theorist

Really? Oh bad, Vista slows down systems up to -20% in contradiction to XP, imho, not to mention the superfluous byte size increment (Sxs). I wonder when Microsoft will release its first flawless "non-flu-virufected" and smart OS. 60 years later?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
  2. Pinga

Pinga Registered Member

I've tested it and I really like it. It cleaned an additional 260K out of my already well-maintained (with RegSupreme Pro) registry. Backups, advanced options - it all works flawless.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2008
  3. raakii

raakii Registered Member

Atleast found ts new beta disk shield to be good for my system

4. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

Interesting thread !

I've had multiple issues with Comodo. I posted here a few days ago about a continuing problem I was having with the version 3 firewall asking for the Dell Resource CD. Although this issue has been documented numerous times in the Comodo forums as well as other places since (at least) as far back as November of last year, from Comodo comes a response the the problem affects too few users to be worthy of a fix. From this, I can only assume that they will not attempt to fix the problem in their security suite either.

They have pulled this stunt before; their antivirus application was panned for two years for a multitude of problems, yet Comodo insisted that it was the fault of Microsoft for one issue, somebody's firewall for another, and still others were blamed on biased testing labs as well as the ubiquitous "user error".

I've used the Comodo Registry Cleaner and it damaged the registry on one of my test hard drives. I was careful to back up the registry due to my previous experience with their products so the damage wasn't permanant. I don't recommend it; not when (as has already been pointed out in this thread) there's so many other known and viable free options.

I really don't want to be a Comodo basher but it's really hard not to be when my experience with their recent products has been universally bad. I hope they can get their priorities straight; good free applications are always welcomed in my world !

5. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Just ran my own test (on my rig) comparing Comodo, Wise & RegSupreme Pro and all I can say is that I do not understand the results that Comodo has pusblished on their website.

Whilst I do not subscribe to the 'the more entries found the better' approach in my test RegSupreme Pro found the greater number of invalid entries compared to the other two.

What I believe is more important is how pertinent those entries are in terms of being 'bad' and what effect on stability their removal has on the system. A cursory glance of what each program found did not reveal much in terms of which would be more effective and therefore I think that a detailed review of each proposed set of entries to be deleted would need to be carried out to absolutely clarify which is the better product.

Suffice to say that at this point I shall continue to use RegSupreme Pro, which I have done for a number of years, and which has never caused me a problem with my rig...and perhaps do some more comparisons from time to time re. Comodo.

In reality given the above I see no need to change until soomeone can prove that Comodo is a quantum leap over RegSupreme Pro.

Just my two halfpennies...for what they are worth? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.