Comodo Question: D+ still blocks 'clean' files

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by PC_Pete, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. syk69

syk69 Registered Member

Yes thats definitely something they need to improve on. Eventually people will get tired of submitting constantly. If it would analyze when submitted automatically by the program and return within a day then automatically added to whitelist then it would be much more convenient.

2. clocks

clocks Registered Member

+1 Exactly how it should work! Instead Comodo seems to be relying on a bunch of grunts to manually check programs as they are submitted through their forums.

And mark me down as one of those people that got tired of submitting the same programs constantly. The program would be superb if they figured out the white listing/userability.

3. guest

guest Guest

Report programs manually is one of the multiples ways that Comodo has to whitelist new files, it's just an accelerated way to do it.

I think they have a database with the most repeated unknown files, so they usually whitelist those files first.

The problem with the no signed files is that each new version has to be whitelisted again, they monitor this apps but usually take 1 day to add the new version to the whitelist after the new version is released. So you can get a popup if you are installing a new version just released of a trusted app not signed.

If anybody has a problem with a trusted app they just need to click on do not sandbox this app again and the app will be manually trusted, no more popups.
    I think that even if is a manually trusted app D+ can alert about some very dangerous behaviors, but I'm not very sure about this.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2011
  4. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Even if they have a whitelisting system where most "common unknown" files are checked first, I think it's just too bad they won't bother whitelisting files I submitted months ago. I don't want to manually trust the files I've submitted as that could potentially compromise my system if the files are indeed malicious.

5. Syobon

Syobon Registered Member

...I had this problem, when I was comodo user (never more thanks), actually some months ago, their AV flagged HD sential as malware, I got tired of submitting as false positive to still get flagged as malware.

6. PC_Pete

PC_Pete Registered Member

Thanks to the personal integrity of at least one of the mods, I've been unbanned at COMODO. I'm waiting for any responses to these questions

"Then Comodo's definition of a false positive is a file that contains no viral code, exhibits no bad behavior when analyzed, makes no unverifiable outbound calls but still can't be trusted.
    Does Comodo not trust its own diagnosis? o_O "

"Anyone got any examples of programs that are not identifiable as malware but cannot be trusted?."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.