Comodo Pro ; Stealth Ports Wizard

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Kas, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kas

Kas Registered Member

Click on the magic box and proceed ;-
    Selection 3 : Block all incoming connections - stealth my ports to everyone

Fine, sounds great. NOBODY on the net can detect my ports and they think I am off-line. What a beautiful world. I like it. The invisible man, only my smoking pipe can give me away.

Having selected this prospect my ports go to ;
    UDP 10.247.128.1 and 67 for Source IP and port.

UDP 255.255.255.255 and 68 for Destination IP and port.

Although this causes my firewall to record an IP request every few seconds, leading to several hundred events logged for each session, I am invisible to all mankind and hackers alike and probably have the largest event log in the world to go with it.

Anybody ? Is this Shangri-la true ? Or have we entered cuckoo land ?

2. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Welcome to DHCP. And no, stealth ports don't make you invisible.

3. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hi Kas,

First of all, please try and keep the same/similar question to the same thread. Various info you give in one thread is lost when you make a new thread, then questions are asked where info is already available, but not apparent due to it being elsewhere.

Stealth:-
    This is just a warm fuzzy feeling for users who want that. The fact that a ping is not replied to shows that IP is active.
    Broadcast:-
    As mentioned on one of your other threads, these are from your router/gateway. If you want to stop the logging of such events, then you would need to look at directly blocking those in a rule, and disable the logging in the rule.

This forum is here to help, but please help us to help you by keeping your questions about the similar events to one thread. I will allow your various threads for now, but will start to merge them if it continues.

- Stem

4. Kas

Kas Registered Member

Sorry Stem,
    I`m new to forum`s, only been with you a few day`s.
    Thanks for the explanation and answer.
    I am not really sure how to navigate the various forum sections or which forum to enter. I find it confusing knowing where to go and exactly how to do it, but I will try to learn the ropes.
    I fully understand your explanation and will try to do what you say by keeping the same query variants to one thread string.

5. Kas

Kas Registered Member

Stem,
    Just a quickie.
    I have GREAT difficulty in finding the page where "post a new thread" is shown.
    Having logged on - how do I INSTANTLY get this page.
    At present I seem to hack around blind and by luck finally get it.
    Honestly, I just prod around all over the place until it finally shows up. Whether when using it, I am entering in the correct forum or keeping my threads connected - I have`nt a clue.
    Any pearls of wisdom on this ?

6. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Hi Stem:

As usual I get confused easily.

If my PC is pinged and it replies to that ping wouldn't that show the pinger PC that my ip is active and exists as well?

Or are you saying that if I set my PC NOT to reply to pings that this "null" reply also shows the pinger PC that my ip is alive and well!

If the answer is YES and YES then these blocking of pings is useless.:doubt:

Am I missing something here? No doubt that's the case.:oops:

7. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Yes, as explained here...

8. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Ah so very interesting! It seems then we can only be stealthy not true stealth!:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.