Comodo paying top ten reviews now?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by ZeroDay, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Well..Well..Just keeps getting better!!

2. Stonepuppet

Stonepuppet Registered Member

Thanks, I'm aware of that and don't have it checkmarked. These were odd instances, not frequent. I don't have any of the known calling home options
    selected.

3. Stonepuppet

I don't hate Comodo at all. I wish It would have worked for me, because I was looking for an alternative to OA after OA changed hands and began incorporating their modules into OA or vice versa.

With Comodo, on a regular basis, I was getting a loud beep on my Dell/Vista laptop then the screen would go black, and nothing could get me out of it except to reboot and wait for the next beep/crash.

I tried all I could to find the source of this problem but was unsuccessful and uninstalled and the problem vanished.

4. guest

guest Guest

I didn't focus on you ^^ i was talking in general when in many forums, members like to bash Comodo just because it becomes cool to bash it (like bashing Norton was cool long time ago).

Did you tried the latest version?

5. Tomwa

Tomwa Registered Member

IMHO Norton is still garbage (and still fun to bash!)

Loved Comodo as a firewall though I've just always been a big user of Kaspersky' AV and KIS just works beautifuly for me.

6. Prole

Prole Registered Member

If you search "top ten reviews" for anti-virus software, Comodo isn't even on the list - same if you search - anti-malware or anti-spyware.

Comodo only shows up if you search for "personal firewall software".

Most people would search for "anti-virus software" if they were in the market for security software...so for most people the hated Comodo wouldn't even be listed on 'top ten reviews" .

Does that make you feel better? You can stop hyper-ventilating now.

Say what you want, but Comodo is considered the best firewall and it deserves the top spot on the Firewall list.

7. Stonepuppet

I installed it back in April. Not sure what the version I downloaded was then. I also had this beep/crash problem a couple times after uninstalling Comodo, when I installed OA's anti malware module, which was the second time I tried installing and using it. The first time I had some problems too but don't recall now what they were other than inability to play an online game I had played previous to it's installation (too much lag) which I was fine playing with the "old" OA++ where the AV, anti-malware and firewall were one bundle and I could easily disable the AV while i played.

I noticed Comodo was adding hooks to my programs, I hope on uninstall it removed all the remnants of those.

8. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

The way Comodo is threated here on Wilders is rather appalling...

9. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

10. Gringo95

Gringo95 Registered Member

It'a all too easy to attribute the cause such events to the software in question "on its own". IMO this is unfair because it can put others off trying the program. It is a well known fact that almost all new installations of security software are capable of causing system issues if they conflict with the remnants of previous programs that have been left behind, or the means by which they were used. Such instances are worse in poorly maintained systems in general, especially those already exhibiting Windows errors.

11. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

Last year I installed CIS for the first time. Within a few days my cat became very sick. Unremarked by me at the time, Ophelia began to recover at about the same time that I uninstalled Comodo.

Although I (and my Vet) formerly attributed Ophelia's problem to an infection and recovery to antibiotic therapy, after reading this thread I'm no longer certain...

12. guest

guest Guest

You forgot to put your cat into Comodo Sandbox :D

13. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

ot posts removed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.