Comodo & Online Armor = Crash!

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by dja2k, Oct 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I have noticed several times when editing the rules of Comodo that Online Armor's oasrv.exe crashes due to the activity of Comodo. Comodo's activity kills OA completely until you restart it manually. Anyways, has anyone seen this same problem with the combination of Comodo and Online Armor?

dja2k

2. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

No, At least not yet.How long have you had the two running together?

3. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Not long, I was using them together to learn how to use it before I pass it on to my friend's setup. Wasn't too familiar with Comodo, but I did notice that oasrv.exe would crash due to rule making and writing in the Comodo application rules page. It seems OA slows down the page because, adding and deleting rules is faster without OA running. Anyways, I am running the AV+ version though.

dja2k

4. gevin

gevin Registered Member

My XP running both plus AOL AVS. never come across this issue. i never do any special/customize any thing, just normal install, let it run on their own. Maybe you can ask around @ OA forum, Mr. Mike is a very helpful buddy. :p

5. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Yep I know Mike is a cool guy, just don't want to put more load into our beta testing of the firewall which is the main concern right now. Thanks though for the replies, will see what happens.

dja2k

6. b00sfuk

b00sfuk Registered Member

I've also run OA (standard) and Comodo (with custom application/network rules) together for some months with no problems.

7. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Hmmm, I am running the AV+ version, let me run the other one to see what happens.

dja2k

8. gevin

gevin Registered Member

Mine is OA standard too. seem like is the AV+ have this issue.

9. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Just confirmed it, installed the normal OA and the inserting and deleting of rules into the Comodo Firewall is much smoother. :mad:

dja2k

10. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

I am running the stanalone OA without AV with Comodo with more than a month without any crash.

11. MaB69

MaB69 Registered Member

Hi dja2k,

I think the build of OAAV+ with FW that you use didn't unload the TDI driver even if you disable the firewall function and this driver conflict with comodo
    Try the last build (i give you an advice at Tall Emu forum about your freezing FF trouble )

Regards,

MaB

12. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Well this ain't the testing snapshot. I have never installed the OA Firewall version here.

dja2k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.