Comodo New ver question

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by demoneye, Oct 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

2. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

Not even close. :D It's D+ that makes those ratings in Matousec. With D+ completely disabled it has 0 (most probably) antileak ability. Anyway, i am almost certain you would find it in the "red area" of Matousec's list.

3. demoneye

10x for reply mate....thata was my estimation to , will be glad to hear more opnion on this isue

4. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

If the pop ups annoy you, what you can do, is uncheck some D+ boxes in D+ settings. Practically when you install Comodo, there is the option to have antileak protection, without enabling ALL options in D+. This is a compromise to have less pop ups. I think in the CIS it is now called "optimal security" during installation. But it's always D+ behind the antileak technology... If you completely disable it, Comodo only keeps its firewall rules and nothing more.

5. demoneye

and much moreless effective also ;)

6. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

You should use CIS, not CFP if you want less pop-ups. Much more quiet and better default settings. I'd suggest switching it to "Safe mode" right after install.

7. demoneye

yep , i know cis and cfp to the bone..... just try them all.... atm i am trial KIS and i am very pleased from him... great and light software , also its fire wall is great!

cheers

8. 3xist

3xist Guest

With CIS 3.5 if you still the Firewall only, you now have 3 options.

9. guest

guest Guest

But CIS has integrated Comodo firewall, them you will get the same popus, no?

10. 3xist

3xist Guest

Nope.

Pop ups have reduced because of D+ & Firewall technology updates, Also because of the AV. If you want the good old CFP 3.0 D+, You can change your configuration too "Proactive Security" and Image Execution & All D+ Settings will be activated. There are basically 4 Default settings, and that's where the configurations are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.