Comodo IS Offer !!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by AvinashR, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ace55

ace55 Registered Member

I think it is a generous offer, although the price does seem high to me to begin with. Then again, the malware insurance does seem to be something unique. Not much to compare it to besides Prevx, but I'm not clear on the terms of their guarantee.

Ironically, the individuals who would benefit most from the tech support and malware insurance of CIS complete probably will not be made aware of this offer. It should be posted on Comodo's main site, either in the newsroom or the product page. But then many more people would take Melih up on his offer, and they would make greater use of the features of CIS complete than those who frequent forums such as Comodo and this one and thus see that they can get CIS complete free. Clever... :D

2. Clench Tightly

Clench Tightly Registered Member

Amen. It reminds me of the old cartoon. "You just don't get it honey. I CAN'T come to bed right now. Someone is wrong on the internet!!!!!".

At the end of the day, it's just a piece of software, not a religion to be adored or a demon to be vilified.

CT :)

3. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

I agree, LowWaterMark, usually I don't like posts deletion, unless it's necessary. This is one of the more technical and one of the best ( the best ? ) security forums: here the are threads and users - Wilders team including - really experts and of high level ! I could do many (nick)names...:) :)

I believe that Wilders users and posters should keep an high profile posting and writing. The technical level is the most important thing - with the civility and the courtesy - to keep in mind, if we really want to preserve the level of Wilders.

If an user opens a thread to talk about a product that interests him and that he likes, I believe that education and respect require that the detractors jump over the thread, unless they have technical and documented arguments.

It's the only way to see the Forum grow again. Is not it ?

4. falkor

falkor Registered Member

I am still reading alot in here to the effect of how great the Virus Guarantee is . Are you serious ? That is worthless as well . Get my computer back to working order or pay up to $ 500 to repair ? Unless you have absolutely no idea about anything with computers ( in which case you should stay off the net ) in most cases even a neighbor can get rid of a virus and put you back in working order . The post about take it or leave it is spot on . If you like it , take it . If not , do not . Pretty simple and to the point . I see very few basher comments . I see many negatives thoughts . There is a difference . Some just love their " own " software so much that they want to say everyone else's stinks . As for me , I like some things Comodo . I am also smart enough to see that their marketing tactic is geared toward people incapable of reading between the lines . Anyone care to guess how long it took Comodo to get their AntiVirus up and running ? I attempted to help but , was met with resistance as many were . It took years and it still was poor when it was released . There are even Mods for Comodo that come and go as the seasons change . There should be negative comments made if they are truly felt . It lets people not so computer savvy get an idea of the good and the bad . Once again ....Take it or leave it . Simple and soooo true .:cool:

5. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

You are not writing about the so called Average Joe. We can clean our own PC and that of others, if needed. But I know a lot of people that can turn a PC on and after that can start a browser or their email proggie and that's it. For those guys the Comodo service can be of great help.

And the offer is very nice indeed!

6. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Hahahaha, well probably not banned but damn, they always get out of control for no reason, people just hate :D :D

7. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

I don't think you are entirely right. I think the Average Joe's don't know that something like Comodo antivirus exists. They know Norton and McAfee, and some more. Next to that even if they knew about this program I think they wouldn't use it because it is too complicated too use. They don't have a clue what to do with the "xxx is trying to modify criticial registry values", they don't know what registry is. They just want a set and forget antivirus, that gives you two problems: 1 Comodo antivirus is not well-known and doesn't provide enough protection, 2 the Comodo suite is not set and forget.
    Or am I wrong, in the fact that only advanced users use Comodo? Anyone ever heard about an Average Joe using using Comodo? So to me it sounds like an promise which might look nice; but means nothing, since the Comodo users are capable of keeping their system clean, and if it get's infected they are capable of getting their system back. How should Comodo respond anyway to average people with a infected pc: You should have clicked on Block when Defense+ popped up?

8. ratwing

ratwing Guest

Matthijs5nl:

I thank you are dead right as to your assessment of Comodo
    basic nature.

"1 Comodo antivirus is not well-known and doesn't provide enough protection, 2 the Comodo suite is not set and forget."

Maybe not totally right about only experienced users running it.

They have toned the HIPS down enough,that supposedly,if you leave it as default install,it is not that loud.

Also,if a person new to computers has to answer 100s of pop-ups per day,how does he or she know this is not a normal state of affairs? They are new.

Of course the legendary, and very real protection, Comodo suite is capable of offering the geeks among us,is not there with the default settings the inexperienced can deal with.

Otherwise there would not be the highly technical exchanges
    you see on this forum,when Comodo people meet,and try to tweak.

For example you do not see that here about truly "set and forget" applications such as DefenceWall.

Plus,when you factor in that Melihs,"Kevin Trudeau" style of advertising, is targeted directly at just such inexperienced people,there will always be new folks running Comodo.

rat

9. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Thank you LowWaterMark..sounds good

10. guest

guest Guest

I dont know which version of comodo have you used but as much after install comdo, you can get 8 or 10 popups, and them each time you install a new app 1 popup.

11. ratwing

ratwing Guest

Well Hey!! Sounds like you have found a winner!!

For me,I got those pop-ups,you mentioned,and the same pop-ups an hour,a day,a week latter.

Comodo,unlike Windows 98 tech,ProcessGuard,can not remember decisions.

rat

12. guest

guest Guest

You must be the only one with this problem. Which version did you try?

13. ratwing

ratwing Guest

Lets be honest... CIS is D+ with Comodo firewall.
    The sandbox is a joke,so is the anti-virus.

It is free,leaves your hands feeling dirty,but free.
    I admit that.

BUT..

Please tell me where the advantage of CIS is over:
    Kerio 2.1.5,Process Guard,Clam (one sorry ass anti-virus but on par with Comodo) and Sandboxie free?

Any of that cost you a dime?

Any of that strain your RAM/CPU?

All you lose is MelihVision!!

14. guest

guest Guest

Lets be honest... CIS is D+, the sandbox, the firewall and the AV althought you can choose what to install (AV+FW+Sand+D+ or FW+Sand+D+). The sandbox is completely integrated with D+

If you use comodo with the sandbox as I said before you will get 8-10 popups after install and then 1 with each new app.

You say that the sandbox is a joke?, I have tried the sandbox agains dozens of malware and any of them could bypass comodo.

The difference is that I dont need to install 4 programs (2 abandonware) to substitute 1, you will get more popups with this config, and sandboxie is much more complicated than comodo sanbox.
    You can not compare Process guard and D+
    Comodo sandbox and sandboxie are completely differents things and they work in different ways. But probably you dont know how comodo sandbox works and how is integrated with CIS.
    If you compare ClamAV with Comodo you really dont know what are you saying, so you are an ignorant or you really have to hate Comodo to say that.

I dont lose nothing and I dont have any problem but seems that you already have HateMelih, good luck with the cure.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2010
  15. ratwing

ratwing Guest

"You say that the sandbox is a joke?, I have tried the sandbox agains dozens of malware and any of them could bypass comodo."

Now we have agreement!!

The question is if they can bypass comodo sandbox.

First of all I meant no insult to Clam in the comparison with Comodo AV.

Second,MY cure is a reboot.

16. guest

guest Guest

Who can bypass comodo sandbox?

You have a big problem if you evaluate the security software according how is the CEO and not how good the software is.

17. rating:

Let's be honest: Your full of crap. Stop posting misleading comments and statements about CIS, and stop confusing others who want to use CIS and are currently using CIS.

Your like a lose cannon firing at all angles! Calm the hell down dude! Seriously.

18. burebista

burebista Registered Member

We live in 2010. For a couple of years x64 CPU's and OS-es emerged. So let's see, Kerio works on x64 OS? Process Guard? ClamAV has on-access scan? Sandboxie is as secure on x64 than on x32?

For me the advantage is obvious: I can run a x64 suite free for commercial and home use and I can say (using it at home and at work) that CIS is on top as a layered defense.
    I told you that sometimes I dislike Melih's dithyrambic speech but I like his approach about a free layered suite for everybody.

19. ratwing

ratwing Guest

No problems with the comodo sandbox raiden?

20. guest

guest Guest

Of course not, I was right all the time.

21. Btw...

CIS AV is not bad at all ratwing. AND don't forget... Detection is NOT the first line of defense in CIS! Defense/Sandbox is which acts as prevention. You are obviously here to troll this thread and not even think about this great offer... Your getting free live pc support, online backup, etc for free!

Have not seen my Mum complain about it tbh...

22. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Enough! A few nasty posts removed and thread closed.

Edit: And by his request, ratwing's account was deleted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.