Comodo internet security

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by kjdemuth, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

In was wondering if anyone has used comodo with either A-squared or avira premium. I have OA and was wondering if anyone had any problems with either AV running. Comodo seems to have a good thing with the firewall/Defense+. Anyone have a idea if these have been a good combo?

2. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

well ive used OA along with A-Squared and ive also ran it with Avast (currently) and both AV's work fine, idk about avira tho and dunno bout Comodo.

3. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

I've run Comodo alongside A2AM or Avira on various different systems and in all cases they've co-existed very nicely without issues.

4. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

The same for me. No problem.

5. karad

karad Registered Member

I've run Avira with all sorts of Comodos (excepting C.antivirus of course) and never there was anything wrong,they coexist fine.
    I'd go even further and say that Comodo firewall and HIPS are top at the moment and Avira is top since a long time,especially now that the free edition takes care of a lot of spywares,too.

6. kjdemuth

I have a license for both avira premium and comodo internet security. Would you recommend not installing comodo's AV and just using avira premium? Also does the web shield in avira seem to slow things down at all?

7. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

Quote, so, kjdemuth, my answer to your question is YES. And if the Avira web shield slows you can disable it, you always have Defense+ !.

8. kjdemuth

Does D+ have a feature similar to the webshield or is it the same thing? What is the webshield component anyway? Is it a light hips?

9. CIS as a whole has no web shield. As long as malware is caught in RAM and your HD where malware has to jump to either places, you are good to go. :) Webshield simply gets malware before it downloads. That's the only purpose of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.