COMODO Internet Security v4.. Intro Video and information

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Dragons Forever, Dec 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

comodo def needs to get themselves into AV-C so people can really see how it does, they dont seem to be short on the resources to spend the money to join the tests so i dont see why not.

2. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

The consensus appears to be that it'll be finalised around March.Although by no means feature complete yet I've found the Alpha to be surprisingly stable so far.

3. andyman35

An option to switch back to the old colour scheme would be nice.

As for CTM,it isn't going to be actually integrated into CIS,more a case of it utilizing CTM elements if the Time Machine is also installed from my understanding.

4. firzen771

well i remember in options CIS used to have a skin area with a dropdown but only 1 theme was there, the default, im hoping its still there and they can actually make use of it by putting back the old theme in there so people have a choice.

5. Kyle1420

Kyle1420 Registered Member

http://forums.comodo.com/empty-t47250.0.html

good luck..

6. firzen771

so in other words, the over zealous Melih is saying that their AV cant hold its own so theyre not including themselves in AV-C, gotcha...:rolleyes: as far as i can tell, EVERY AV in AV-C testing is tested without any HIPS etc (except the most recent one) so its an even playing field showing how well their heur and database really is, seems Comodo cant keep up.

7. Kyle1420

Kyle1420 Registered Member

Yes even playing field. Melih won't even participate in the latest dynamic testing from AV-C. There is an AMTSO meeting soon where various vendors and AV-C representatives will be.. Thats his chance to voice his veiws and the time for AV vendors to share with AV-C and amongst other things how they would like the tests to be done.. +, If comodo doesn't put their hands up for dynamic testing soon, they'll have to wait a whole year to get another chance.
    AMTSO does not review a test until it's been performed, so if requested (No idea if it has..probably not) it will take awhile, AMTSO is for various reasons not the fastest in this aspect and comodo will not participate unless it's "AMTSO compliant" Btw, AMTSO compliant is just a word, there is nothing to certify that you are.

IMO, Don't count on comodo participating in anything this new year.

EDIT::
    Hypothetical;
    Comodo Participates in AV-C Dynamic testing.
    Comodo does NOT participate in AV-C on-demand\retrospective scanning.

What does that say about the AV? ;)

8. czullo

czullo Registered Member

There is still no way to trun on Windows native skin on comodo ??

9. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

Kyle: for how long will you still be part of the Computer Security testing group. And Member of Comodo's Malware Research Group? ;)

10. andyman35

Yes it's certainly something I'll be asking the devs to consider.I much prefer the old colour scheme,as it seems do a lot of others.The dropdown is still there in this version so it shouldn't be an issue to do so.

11. firzen771

sounds great to me, its not like thers much extra they need to add to the previous theme to fit into this one, so it wuld be great to have an option for either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.