COMODO Internet Security Review (malwareresearchgroup)

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by guest, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

2. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

Well, that is easily the highest detection rate I've ever seen for any version of Comodo antivirus.
    If that number is truly accurate, it puts CIS at the very top, along with Avira and G Data.

I'm having some trouble accepting these results at face value, however.
    It seems like too far, too fast.

3. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

4. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

not really wen u look at the sample size (50,000) and compare it to AV-C sample size (like 1.6 million?) then u see a pretty large difference lol...

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I am curious to know the names of system killers they used and also termination tools.

6. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

It's no surprise to see CIS D+ block the system killers and termination tools,I ran tests using APT and it resisted all the methods.However this group has a somewhat murky reputation so I'd not take the test as a whole at face value.

7. tipstir

tipstir Registered Member

Now have this 100% on all systems including server (on server still can't connect remotely to it nor does my web server engine runs correctly) Proactive goes crazy it has to be disabled then everything works) AV is much improved I was connecting to my server shares and then up pops a message saying it found malware on certain file. That file was ComFix.exe part of the SmithFraudfix package group. I think the malware/AV still needs improving as I got a message saying that msconfig.exe was malware on one system. So FPs still there getting better though.

I had installed CIS on a 11 year old laptop PII running 266MHz, 256MB 40GB 7200rpms sure runs quick on it. Another reason I am using CIS that my 7x network media players seem to work smoothly with it compared to RIS products which had its up and downs.

8. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

What I do not understand why, don't they test the 153 samples which were not detected in the scan, against the realtime protection of D+ :doubt:

9. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Ideally yes.

From a testing reference it makes no sence to drop your initial test cope when testing different feautures. The same applies to a consumer trying to interpretate the results.

hypothethical results

Avira - scan = 99,9& missing 112 samples
    CIS - scan = 99,96% missing 153 samples

Testing Avira 112 samples with new behaviour blocker, resulted in blocking 100 samples

Testing CIS 153 samples resulted in blocking 153 samples. From which 42 were advised as dangerous using community checking and 12 reported a common system process as the originator. Asuming that average users would have allowed those system processes.

Avira scan = 99,89, 112 samples left, of which 100 blocked by behavioral blocker with no FP. total protection 99,9994 %

CIS scan = 99,96, 153 samples left of which all were blocked with 12 misleading positives problably causing a wrong allow/user decision, total protection 99,9994%

As said just an example

10. tipstir

tipstir Registered Member

Which Avira are you testing these results? PE or Pay? Avira would daily tell me that the file I told it to ignore and remember keeps on coming back to haunt me daily. Fps in that program is still on the rise. Where as CIS AV doesn't do it. None of these AV going to be 100% they all have Fps, they are all programmed to stop what the programmer and programmed into the patch updates to block. CIS program team need to have a meeting how to improve it's detection ratio. None of these programs can catch bad cookies they seem to climb onboard. PC Tools IS catches cookies but the trade off it lousy performance.

11. Wildest

Wildest Registered Member

So much "simpler" for you.

It is worthwhile to keep in mind that your concept of the "Holy Grail" of security may not be the same for others.
    ;)

12. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 Registered Member

Please, please, please SSJ stop the endless cheerleading about that flamin setup you've got. What do you want to stop? Money? I'll send it. I can't take it any more!!! Just stop! :D

13. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 Registered Member

There's 19 pages of google results for a search of SSJ100+LUA+SRP within Wilders!! The first step in beating the addiction is admitting you've got a problem :D

14. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

what ssj100 does is the basic setup in every linux distro , nothing special or PRO USER in it .
    windows users some how get used to run always as admin (10x to microsoft :mad: ), so if u run a system like ssj100 , which is the RIGHT WAY to use pc , u will save your self lots of pc problem , not only malware attacks :)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  15. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

lo mate

seriously , ppl should follow ssj100 setup coz it is THE RIGHT WAY EVER to use pc!!
    he didn't use any expensive shiny software!! , he just uses windows to defend windows , what more powerful and easy to understand , than configure windows itself??

good ssj100 mention it lots of time , maybe in this way it will catches more ppl that use the complex / complicated way (Hips like software~> house slave keeping like arran like:D) , and they give it a try maybe :)

cheers

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.