Comodo Internet Security Pro 2011 1 Year Free

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Divenow, Jun 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Divenow

Divenow Registered Member

2. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

thx for the share . Comodo is already free for all major functions ( except dont give support for free but you can always ask in forum )

3. century

century Registered Member

I have a 1.8 GHz Athlon processor with 1 GB RAM running WinXP SP3. I have Avast IS installed which is very light. Will Comodo IS slow down my machine?

4. gery

gery Registered Member

no comodo is light too

5. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Is it possible to install just the Defense+?

6. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Not on this version, because of their malware-free guarantees. You might be able to disable other features though.

7. guest

guest Guest

With the free version you can just install D+ and the firewall, then you can deactivate the firewall but still you will have D+, the cloud AV and the Cloud Behaviour Blocker.

8. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

Has anyone tired this pro version? If so how did you like it? I am thinking about trying it since they guarantee you won't get infected.

9. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Protection-wise, there should be very little if any difference between this and the free version. Only more support and money-back guarantees.

10. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

Thanks for the info. So the only thing you really gain is the support and their no infection guarantee.

11. gdiloren

gdiloren Registered Member

They offered same offer last month or so, the AV pro is the same as the normal one but you have GeekBuddy (Support) which is not of my tastes. Search the internet and you will find it gives you wrong tips and even can force you to re-install Windows like ruining the internet. They take control of your PC remote after you allowed them to do changes to your pc. So you can install Comodo Pro but always say "no" to GeekBuddy if you want to avoid problems (it even asked me a month ago if I wanted to install "another OS", which is cynical...!!!):rolleyes:

12. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

It sounds like GeekBuddy is to be avoided.

13. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

I have been trying it a couple of days and it is light. I know the firewall is good so I'm trying to get a feel for the remainder...so far it seems good!

14. clayieee

clayieee Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.