Comodo Internet Security Premium V4.1 Preview

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Brocke, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

Comodo Internet Security Premium V4.1 Preview

-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMUsg3HIJHg-

Whats new?

http://forums.comodo.com/news-annou...remium-41-info-and-screen-shots-t56868.0.html

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2010
  2. Night_Raven

Night_Raven Registered Member

And added Google/Yahoo/Conduit Toolbar? :D

3. ratwing

ratwing Guest

Lol.

But really,I am certainly no fan of Comodo,but this does sound like a step in the right direction.

4. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

i thought that too.

5. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

I like that.:p Sounds like Shareware. :D

6. acuariano

acuariano Registered Member

means they changed nothing

7. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

He was joking.There's no additional crapware now.

8. eliastz

eliastz Registered Member

I'm a fan of the CIS firewall and HIPS but apparently you can't keep rules from v3.x - they need to be recreated from scratch after installing v4.x. No updating for me then!

9. Night_Raven

Indeed I was.
    Still, I can't help being sceptical about this. One of the most arrogant and hypocritical companies around with little to no respect for its customers that has a CEO who would probably step over his own mother for a quarter on the street, and this company makes a nice gesture for its users? I don't know... I'll believe it when I see it with my own eyes. Actually even then I wouldn't be entirely convinced.

If this however is true, then it is indeed a step in the right direction. I'm not saying it's impossible, it's just that with Comodo there has always been a catch so far, so it's very hard for me to believe that they have actually changed for the better.
    It's a bit like the boy who cried wolf.

10. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

I'm very tired that every technical thread about CIS always becomes for someone the opportunity to shoot Comodo products and Comodo company. Did Comodo beat you when you was a child ?? :D I' m not a fan boy - but if I were, this is a free Country...:D - but this practice to use every thread to strike CIS is annoying. Please, let free people to talk about CIS and be open mind.

11. SweX

SweX Registered Member

:isay: Amen

12. smage

smage Registered Member

So much anger, bitterness and hatred in you! Calm down man, CIS is only a piece of software. If you don't like it, simply don't use it.

13. Night_Raven

It's a company that deserves to be "shot". I'd rather risk annoying some fanboys (who try to hide it) and increase the chances of a person, who unfamiliar with the company and just happens to read this topic, know in advance what kind of company Comodo actually is, than the other way round. Prevention is better than cleaning, isn't it.

Excuse me, my dear fanboys, if I have 0 tolerance for such hypocricital behaviour from, supposedly, the leader in proactive protection and the company that appears to care so very, very much.

But OK, if it makes you feel uncofortable, I'll stop posting in the topic. I already said what I had to say, and you took from my post what you wanted to take. No need for me to waste my time any further.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  14. falkor

falkor Registered Member

^^ Good post .:cool:

15. falkor

falkor Registered Member

ROFLMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Step over his mother for a quarter ! LOL . I am sorry but , it seems true and it is funny as hell:D

16. pabrate

pabrate Registered Member

I agree completely, it's amazing how some people can hate this product.
    The lenghts ...
    I can understand one bad comment and then leaving this software alone.
    But somehow they just wait for some mention of Comodo and then bash it as hard as they can.
    Maybe there should be one topic opened for them, they can cure their frustrations on that one, leaving other topics alone.

17. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Agreed.

So how will they make money now?

Comodo has a very large "bad" track record for various things. People don't just hate it because it's the "in thing to do", just FYI. :D Searching around will dig up a lot of bad things. But I'll leave that discussion there.

18. blacknight

Not a single technical argument. This thread will not regret you.

19. pabrate

pabrate Registered Member

That's not the point.
    There are many products with "bad" track record but only this one gets hated.
    I mean, if I want to read something about Comodo (what's new etc.) I always read the same posts.

Cool it off :D
    Or if it can't be helped, give your best on Comodo hate-club topic :cautious:

20. sded

sded Registered Member

Sounds like a move in the right direction. If the AV and Sandbox are both optional, may get back to an improved CFP (at least with some bugs gone), which lots of people seem to crave. For extra credit, though, whatever happened to Threatcasto_O

21. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Probably influenced far too much by inexperienced users.

22. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

I suppose you read this? ; "v4.1 now supports the 3.x file configurations so you can export your settings from 3.x, uninstall 3.x, install 4.1 and import your old settings into 4.1."

23. blacknight

So. I disable the sandbox because I use GesWall, powerful and flexible, and there are already many excellent av. What we need, are strong and granular HIPS, which miss ( see the thread about SSM, discontinued... or Process Guard, Prosecurity....). I hope that Comodo focus is fw/HIPS development.

24. falkor

falkor Registered Member

Hey night guy . I still think your post was hilarious !!!!!:D

25. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

a product and a company as a whole are different things, u could have a poorly made product and that gives it a bad track record (like the old Norton products), but when a company itself has a bad track record, its typically something more serious that gives them that record and as the other guy said, there are many reasons for this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.