COMODO Internet Security Named Best Free AV Security in Face-Off in CNET Poll

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Brocke, Mar 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

COMODO Internet Security Named Best Free AV Security in Face-Off in CNET Poll Featured on Download.com

Comodo is pleased to announce that results are in on the recent CNET poll on download.com and Comodo Internet Security 5 has been named the company of choice for AntiVirus at 42 percent popularity rate for FREE Antivirus software.

March 11, 2011 (FPRC) -- JERSEY CITY, NJ, March 11, 2011 - Comodo is pleased to announce that results are in on the recent CNET poll on download.com and Comodo Internet Security 5 has been named the company of choice for AntiVirus at 42 percent popularity rate for FREE Antivirus software.

"Not only are we good," said Melih Abdulhayoglu, Comodo CEO and chief security architect, "But we're the BEST at protecting the computer from viruses and malware and it's FREE, according to this latest customer vote."

Comodo Internet Security 2011 is the free, multi-layered, security application that offers complete protection from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero-day attacks, spyware and hackers. Built from the ground upwards with your security in mind, Comodo Internet Security combines powerful Antivirus protection, an enterprise class packet filtering firewall, advanced host intrusion prevention, application control and anti-spyware in one supremely powerful application.

The latest version sees a major leap forward in security and usability with the addition of cloud based virus-scanning and behavior analysis of unrecognized files - making CIS 2011 unbeatable at detecting zero-day attacks. Under default settings, unknown and untrusted files are automatically scanned by our cloud-based virus scanners then, while the file undergoes behavior analysis on our cloud server, it is run in a sandbox on your local machine so that it cannot modify or affect data on your 'real' system.

What's new in this version: Version 5.3 features: full IPv6 Support in firewall, Rootkit Scanner - Hidden registry keys, files and folders are detected, 5 skins from COMODO, including a native windows skin.

About Comodo

Comodo® is a leading brand in Internet security. With US Headquarters in New Jersey and global resources in UK, China, India, Ukraine, and Romania, Comodo provides businesses and consumers worldwide with security and trust services, including digital certificates, PCI scanning, desktop security, and remote PC support. Securing online transactions for over 200,000 businesses, and with more than 35 million desktop security software installations, including an award-winning firewall and antivirus software. Comodo is Creating Trust Online®. To learn more, visit Comodo's website: www.comodo.com.

Comodo products and services referenced are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Comodo and/or its affiliates. Other names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.

To view results of the poll, customers may go to: http://download.cnet.com/8301-2007_4-20036621-12.html

For more information, reporters and analysts may contact:

Arvind Krishnamurthy,
    Comodo Public Relations and Corporate Communications
    Office: 201-963-0004 x 4073
    E-Mail: media-relations[at]comodo.com

Send an email to Arvind Krishnamurthy of Comodo
    201-963-0004 x 4073

source: http://www.free-press-release-cente...off-in-cnet-poll-featured-on-downloadcom.html

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

And Avast in distant second (18%). Last place are Immunet and PC Tools with 0%.

I'm actually quite surprised at the results of the poll. Never knew Comodo had that much supporters (+ maybe bots).

3. sded

sded Registered Member

Fanbots? :rolleyes:

4. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

So pigs do fly, interesting.

5. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

yeah kinda surpised me too. I just posted this so people can see. I kinda shocked how comodo did so well.

6. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

7. sded

sded Registered Member

Looks like there is a "get out the votes all you fanboys (and bots?)" campaign at Comodo. The download statistics don't seem to have anything to do with the votes.
    For example, Avast! shows 134M total downloads, 1.3M last week
    Comodo CIS 5 shows 1.7M total, 4480 last week
    Even Avast! AIS (paid) had 11800 downloads last week
    So the Comodo voters don't seem to be CNET users (except maybe the bots ;) )

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  8. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

you would think that CNET would detect bots and such. but from my understanding people could vote once a day.

9. icr

icr Registered Member

Congrats to comodo thats all I can say rather than bashing them;)

10. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

for those who use CIS is it good for the schedule scans to run with Cloud scanning enabled or not?

11. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

This is a great news. Wishing all the best to Comodo..keep up the good job guys:thumb: :thumb:

12. icr

icr Registered Member

I use the complete suite but I never fascinated in running schedule scans and BTW whats not good in running with cloud scan on?

13. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

i was just curious if there a high level of FP or something because it off by default and wondered why that and why rootkit scanning is off by default

14. sm1

sm1 Registered Member

Thanks for the info:) Kinda surprising as when I voted in it MSE was leading by a huge margin.

15. littlebits

littlebits Registered Member

Definitely fanbots, the numbers don't add up. Count the statics at all download sites you will see Comodo is not too popular. I'm sure their few fanboys made multiple accounts at CNET and voted several times to make themselves look popular.

This is not the first poll that I see Comodo top, they are many more and they all look very suspicious. I run a local computer repair shop and not one of the computers that I have repaired have Comodo installed, the users don't like it because it is too complicated and messes with their other programs and system settings. Only a few advanced users benefit from using Comodo and they should have enough knowledge to keep their system safe without it in the first place. If you can fully understand Comodo and use it properly then you should know what not to do to get an infection.

Thanks.:D

16. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

i agree but they are working hard at keeping it quiet. its alot better than version 3 and has come a long way.

17. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Best Free Firewall: Yes.

Best Free Security Suite: Yes.

Best Free Antivirus: NO way!

18. vlk

vlk AV Expert

LOL... Looks like not many people here realize how this was done. But it's even funnier that Comodo has the guts to actually make a press release out of it. :)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  19. Kyle1420

Kyle1420 Registered Member

20. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

agree with you

congrats to comodo

21. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

LOL.
    Would you mind posting a disclaimer above your posts now and then? as in;
    'Swallow your coffee/beverage before reading the below text'.

22. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Sorry :D

23. sded

sded Registered Member

Seems that Comodo is busy cooking some other polls also, according to their forum, so stay tuned for a blitz of "Press Releases". :argh: :thumbd: Must be the silly season is starting before the vernal equinox this year. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  24. CogitoTesting

CogitoTesting Registered Member

I know what happened, Melih flooded cnet with his minions to vote and many of them multiple times. In essence, the strategy was winning at the poles at any cost and then brag about it.

Anybody who has the slightest idea of what Melih is all about would be able to see through him, guaranteed. :thumbd:

Thanks.

25. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

ok we can close this thread. i just posted this for informational only and all its doing to causing "comodo" drama.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.