Comodo Internet Security AV False Positive

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by TheKid7, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

How do you report an AV false postive to Comodo? I just made a Post on Comodo's forum a few minutes ago. I would like to upload the file for analysis but I do not have the upload link. The installation exe was scanned at VirusTotal before the installation and was reported to be clean. The individual file was also scanned with VirusTotal and was reported to be clean.

This is the software (GFIBackup2009) that set off the false positive:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=243963

Thank you.

2. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I got an answer on Comodo's forum. I did it the easy way. I removed the file from "Exclusions", browsed to the folder containing the file, Quarantined the file, and submitted it to Comodo.

3. minacross

minacross Registered Member

4. eXPerience

eXPerience Registered Member

Thanks for posting my guide :D

I sujest you post the FP on the forums, that way, it will be fixed as fast as possible, and I'll say : within 6 hours ;) . Comodo is now also providing more frequent updates for this.

I can't say anything on this. It will all depend on the CAMAS heuristics that will be integrated.

Thank you

5. Dch48

Dch48 Registered Member

I have never gotten a false positive from the Comodo antivirus. I leave the heuristics setting on low and it works fine.

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Comodo has a lot of false positives. They must have a built-in utility to report it. Quranatine and then report it, is not a good idea at all. Why will one like to quaratine a legit file/ dll etc.

It.s also a bad idea IMO to report it in forums as false positives are too frquent. How many posts we will have to make in this case, just imagine.

7. 3xist

3xist Guest

Hi Guys,

A new website will be live next week for FP Reporting also there. Comodo are very quick in fixing FP's now.

Cheers,
    Josh

8. aigle

aigle Registered Member

must be something like antivir website. An option to upload false positives and suspicious files, without hassle of zip and password etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.