Comodo Internet Security 6.xx Thread

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Mops21, Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smage

smage Registered Member

Thanks

2. Chiron

Chiron Registered Member

The Zemana keylogger cannot work if you configure CIS as I describe in my article here.

3. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

How do you know if this antilogger test works or not.
    I ran this antilogger test in a virtualized browser and i pressed start and nothing happened.
    Thanks.

4. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Very good article you wrote there.:thumb:

5. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

Very good indeed...I think he may have used this program more that a day or two!:thumb: :D

6. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

Is it able to quarantine malware from the cloud detections if I only used the Comodo Firewall?

7. Chiron

Chiron Registered Member

I believe that is possible with V 6.0. Can someone who has only the Firewall installed please confirm this.

8. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

For me on the eicar file it only got as far as blocking access to the file. In the logs said Ask and Detect but it didn't do anything.

9. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

I tried the eicar test and dragon blocks it.Ive yet to see the AV come into action yet.

10. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

Excellent article. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought he wrote the program!

Ice

11. Jaspion

Jaspion Registered Member

Dragon blocks it, but you can keep the file. Click the arrow on the right and select "Keep".

12. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

In fact, this isn't true as this feature is totally broken. I've reported it, complained about it and all i got in return was a 14 day ban from their forums. Nice attitude, for a game changing setting when it comes to CIS on casual users systems. Now, because of this i have to disable ALL popups (even for AV) which is uber annoying.

Try installing "Burnaware Free" with this option enabled and disabled (make sure to purge trusted files in between). You'll see what i mean. CIS fails to trust all files from the installer even though it's signed, whitelisted and trusted when this option is disabled.

With this option enabled, Burnaware Free will install without any popup. If you disable this option, Burnaware Free will just fail to install even though you won't get any popup either. I've complained over this few times and no one seems to give a damn...

13. Pablo87

Pablo87 Registered Member

Hii All!!

I have an issue with installing CIS Complete V6
    I downloaded the setup file, i start the installation
    It look like everything is fine but when its there to install CIS itselff
    When it reach 99% the error comes 'Error 1603. Unrecoverable error during installation".
    I get this error on my desktop and on my brand new laptop
    are here more people with this issue?

Regards Marco

14. Chiron

Chiron Registered Member

Please try reinstalling it by following the advice I give in this post. I think that will solve your problem.

15. Pablo87

Pablo87 Registered Member

I have 2 new hdd's
    So CIS is never installed on those devices
    This is not gonna work
    I think the installer file is corrupt

16. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

I have CIS 5.12 installed, and for the most part (compared to alternatives I've tried), I'm happy with it. Is it worth updating to version 6?

How does it compare in terms of resource use? I have 16 GB of ram, so mem usage is no problem, but what about CPU/GPU usage and disk load (read/write) activity?

The main problem I have with version 5, is that sometimes if I forget to turn D+ to training mode before installing a new app or before running it for the first time, CIS will slow down the launch or even cause it to fail. This is mostly an annoyance, but is it the same with version 6?

p.s. Sorry if these questions have already been covered, it's just a really long thread...

17. Chiron

Chiron Registered Member

My advice would be to just wait for the automatic update. That will probably happen within the next few weeks and will therefore allow you to keep all of your rules.

18. Chiron

Chiron Registered Member

The problem you said really sounded like it was due to something interfeering. This could be either other security programs, remnants from older security software, or from a corrupt installer.

Please try downloading a new version of the installer, run uninstallers for any other security software that used to be installed on the computer, run the uninstaller for CIS (as the failed install could now have left remnants), and then restart and try to install CIS.

19. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

Maybe someone can advise how to configure the Shadow Defender so all updates of CIS will survive after leaving the shadow mode?

Thank you.

20. a256886572008

a256886572008 Registered Member

The user can add these paths to the exclusions of SD.

C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\database\*
    C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\scanners\*

The 1st one is white list, and the 2nd one is the AV database.

21. Solarlynx

Thanx, trying it.

22. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

I have FW & D+ installed & quarantine is possible now.

But there is exclusion prob i.e with FW & D+ installed without AV, exclusion is not there in the GUI. Cloud AV Alert under ignore gives 2 options Ignore Once & Ignore & Report FPs. Now I dont know Ignore & Report FPs is a permanent ignore or not. But if permanent ignore then how to revert this action coz exclusion is not available in GUI when AV is not installed.

23. Solarlynx

Maybe someone can advise how to configure the Shadow Defender so all updates of CIS 6 will survive after leaving the shadow mode?

No it doesn't work. After leaving the Shadow mode CIS shows that it have never been updated.

Maybe someone knows?

24. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Erm, exclude entire CIS folder not just few selected folders... Also pay attention to folders in ProgramData/Users folders, CIS also has data there...

25. a256886572008

a256886572008 Registered Member

Check this path.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Comodo\*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.