COMODO Internet Security 4.0.135239.742 Released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Watasha, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Watasha

Watasha Registered Member

Hi Everyone,

We are really excited to announce that we have just released COMODO Internet Security 4.0.135239.742! CIS v4 has significant improvements over CIS v3 family. We have included a lot of exciting new technologies to combat malware and significantly reduce the number of popup alerts while providing increased protection.

COMODO would like to thank all of the BETA testers who voluntarily joined the beta testing program and provided the feedback about the product.

Whats New in COMODO Internet Security 4.0.135239.742?

NEW! Seamless livePCsupport Integration
    This version has a built-in Live Support for getting instant help from the experts for any type of problems.
    NEW! New User Interface Theme
    A new user interface theme has been introduced with this version.
    NEW! New Web Based Installer
    Now, there is a single setup file which downloads and installs the required products according to operating system the computer has. The product installers are created with Microsoft Windows Installer for native installation/uninstallation support.
    NEW! Integrated Sandbox
    Proactive Defense i.e. Defense+ now includes a built-in sandbox which combines file system/registry virtualization and least-privileged user account principle in order to combat with unknown malware.
    IMPROVED! Default Deny Protection
    Defense+ now automatically sandboxes all unknown applications/executables until they are analyzed.
    IMPROVED! Significantly fewer number of popup alerts
    Defense+, with the help of new sandboxing technologies, has a more powerful default security policy while having significantly fewer number of alerts compared to previous versions.
    Also in this version, Defense+ and Firewall, by default, do not create automatic rules for already known safe applications.
    IMPROVED! Popup alerts layout
    The new popup alerts now include additional options which allow the users to take COMODO Time Machine snapshots or set Windows system restore points, submit suspicious files for immediate analysis.
    IMPROVED! Antivirus Engine
    Antivirus engine is improved for better detection and cleaning. The new engine now has disinfection support for the infected files.
    A new command line virus scanner (cavscan.exe) has been introduced in order to address the need for scanning the computers in windows safe mode or scanning files transferred from MSN etc.

Download Locations

COMODO Internet Security 4 Installer

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/installer_data/binaries/cisfree_installer.exe

Size: 2,7M ( 2799888 )
    MD5: 03c767f792366cc6c317e2b66a753adf
    SHA1: b5edc2d8e5bf1d477d26bd70089701013ea5b09e

COMODO Antivirus 4 Standalone Installer

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/installer_data/binaries/cavfree_installer.exe
    MD5: 72d51c823f0f1c52dec5dca5b4794c2a
    SHA1: de59509bb08f5b5883374627a983174a73aea35c

COMODO Firewall 4 Standalone Installer

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/installer_data/binaries/cfwfree_installer.exe
    MD5: ee42ec01e55d800d0a0cd95788bd55b3
    SHA1: 99463770317ba6fc82b6c62854d8bd44b5d9e3a3

Frequently Asked Questions

Q1 - Do I need a separate installer if i am using a 64 bit operating system?
    A1 - No. The installer will download the appropriate setup for you and install.

Q2 - I am a CIS 3.x User. Will I get the updates?
    A2 - We haven't released the updates to the existing users yet. But we will. When we release, in the upcoming weeks, you will be able to update it without having to reinstall this new version.

Q3 - Do I need to download these 3 setup files in order to get all the products?
    A3 - No. If you download CIS Free installer, you will be able to choose which products you want to install. We have provided standalone firewall and AV installers for convenience for some of our users. If you want to install both firewall and antivirus, you should use COMODO Internet Security Installer.

Q4 - I was a BETA tester and still using the BETA versions. What should I do?
    A4 - You should uninstall the BETA version and use this new version. However, although not recommended, you can use automatic updater to update to this version from the BETA versions.

Regards,
    Egemen

2. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

Thank you,

now im wondering what tests are going to be done. looks promising.

3. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

Egemen,

I see the online installer by default has the Toolbar (surf) checked, i would have this unchecked. because some people dont like or want it. should be an option.

4. codylucas16

codylucas16 Registered Member

Curious; did the bug that prevented WLM from being minimized to the tray in windows 7 (at least 64 bit) that was present in the beta get fixed?

5. Watasha

Not sure, I haven't really had a chance to play with it at all. By what everyone is saying pretty much all of the bugs in Beta have been worked out. We should find out soon. :D

6. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

Watasha,

What is next for CIS4? curious, have it installed running well. the popup for the sandbox is nice.

7. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

screenshots? does it look the same as before

8. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

Still the same, now shows a sandbox popup.

9. acuariano

acuariano Registered Member

so,there is no need for sandboxie with this?..
    is this strong like geswall,defensewall ?HIPS.
    is antivirus from comodo or third party?

10. Watasha

That's a good question. I've heard a lot of talk about overhauling the GUI. Couple that with refining some of the new aspects of V4 and this thing should be looking pretty good.:thumb: I'm loving it so far, it's so quiet...;)

11. Watasha

This is Comodo AV.

12. Zyrtec

Zyrtec Registered Member

Out of curiosity, why do you offer the download now through a 2.7 mb stub instead of a full installer[like before] when the majority of the Internet users connect through broadband?

Thank you

Carlos

13. MisterMooth

MisterMooth Registered Member

14. tipo

tipo Registered Member

on my laptop i had CFP with D+ v3. uninstalled it and installed v4. tested it with comodo leak test.exact same settings as v3.(i use cfp for a long time now and i know how to set it) without the sandbox 50/330 and with the sandbox 200/330. v3 was 330/330... whats wrong with v4o_O?sorry to say but i`m not giving up my v3 for this c*r*a*p* :thumbd:

15. Watasha

Why don't you do a little research, maybe go to the forum? Maybe you can figure it out in a flash. I wouldn't just throw my hands up and call it crap.:doubt:

16. iTrendsNET

iTrendsNET Registered Member

Thanks, Watasha! You and Comodo made my evening. :) Just upgraded two computers from RC to final without any problems.

I agree with your other post that this is the lightest security suite that I have ever run. The other thing I really like is that it always picks up my network and that I do not have to do anything extra to make file and printer sharing work.

17. Watasha

Well thank you, you just made my evening!:D I really like it and I'm sure you will too. I'm glad I could help out a bit and I'm sure the all of the guys that worked hard on this appreciate your kind words. If you get time, I'm sure they would love to hear from you.:D

18. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

i just tested with all default settings and scored 150/340, are the defaults good enough for people? im not sure looking at the score.

but nonless still like it

EDIT: should ask should i be concerned?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  19. korben

korben Registered Member

20. Anonymous696

Anonymous696 Registered Member

'COMODO Firewall 4 Standalone' offline installer?

What are the links for- 'COMODO Firewall 4 Standalone' offline installer (if there are any, that is)?

21. guest

guest Guest

The comodo leak test is outdated, this results are normal, V4 is better than V3. Also you should read how the sandbox work.

I tested the lasted RC and I feel that this "final" version will be like a RC2.

THe offline links are:
    http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/xml_binaries/cis/cis_setup_x86.msi
    http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/xml_binaries/cis/cis_setup_x64.msi

22. MisterMooth

MisterMooth Registered Member

That test is out of date and doesn't take the sandbox into account.

23. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

It really works like a charm. Hardly notice it and quite slim in cpu and ram usage.

24. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Could you please check the I/O as well? I really wanna check it out - thanks. :)

25. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

If you wanna check it out so much: do it and tell me :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.