COMODO Internet Security 3.9 BETA then RC Discussion

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ssj100, Apr 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3xist

3xist Guest

Re: COMODO Internet Security 3.9.73015.489 BETA Released

It's so much quieter that's for sure. :) And noticeable performance improvement in this beta. Hey EASTER, CIS v4 is coming with Sandboxing + Time Machine (Originally called Comodo DiskShield). :) Also I believe a behavior blocker.

Time Machine will be the cure layer of CIS, Go back in time if ever in doubt (for your pc). ;)

Cheers,
    Josh

2. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

wow with timemachine integrated into CIS i cant see how u wuld need anything else other than CIS...

3. 3xist

3xist Guest

Me either tbh...

Cheers,
    Josh

4. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

As I understand it, CIMA heuristics will also be in 4.0 instead of 3.9? I'm waiting on installing the AV until the heuristic improvements.

I wish Comodo a lot of success and that it remains free!

5. 3xist

3xist Guest

Yes CIMA Heuristics won't come till v4...

Reason is: CIMA is an online service. And it takes a long time to scan files, especially big ones, So to put this service into CIS/CAV for acceptable real time and on-demand scanner capabilities is going to take time.

Cheers,
    Josh

6. _kronos_

_kronos_ Registered Member

Re: COMODO Internet Security 3.9.73015.494 BETA Released

Hi 3xist;)

Only 2 questions:

1. In the changelog..can you give more information about this improvement? :
    FIXED! CIS handles can be closed in Windows Vista by attacker programs

2. I was (am:D ) in the Italian translation team..With the new beta, Italian language is integrated since installer..BTW there are some little problems(two or three)..Is possible to give a new, corrected, version of the translation files for the final release?:p

Thanks;)

7. 3xist

3xist Guest

Q1: Since I don't use vista, I am not too sure to be honest. But what I can do it PM Egemen (Lead CIS Developer) and answer that Q for you ASAP.

Q2: Actually, Translations need to be done before final release. Can you pls PM me the problems your having so we can sort those out? Thx. :)

Cheers,
    Josh

8. _kronos_

_kronos_ Registered Member

Thanks for the reply ;)

For the Q1, it's related to this 3d, where we haven't had any official answer:doubt:
    ...Even if it is not so important.

About Q2, I will surely PM you when we correct the files (anyway we'll finish today, I think);)

Thanks again for the reply,
    Kronos

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  9. 3xist

3xist Guest

I'll get on it for you Kronos. Thank you. :)

Cheers,
    Josh

10. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

A difficult task to match near perfection but interesting to see how they do nonetheless.

11. Xitrum

Xitrum Registered Member

ANyway, it is for windows xp, vista workstation, not working on box running server 2003+ a miss.

12. 3xist

3xist Guest

Unfortunately Xitrum, This is how development works. But hey at least CIS supports both 32bit and 64bit of XP/Vista. ;) It aint easy developing for 64bit...

Cheers,
    Josh

13. Julian

Julian Registered Member

Yes, but various process modification detections and keylogger blockings are fake (F*ck, this need to change with 4.0).
    Outpost is better there, nevertheless I rather use Comodo...

14. dell boy

dell boy Registered Member

not being funny or anything but that sounds alot like a perfect solution for internet security, which is good because its free. so my question is if there is such a great solution to problems then why would people go for the paid version? or will the sandbox and time machine and behavior blocker be the paid version?
    good luck comodo

15. Ed_H

Ed_H Registered Member

Any answer on this one yet? It seems like there is a significant issue with the current release that has been addressed in the beta but not the production release.

16. controler

controler Guest

Hello

I was wondering if SFI.DAT located in sys32 drivers dir is a Comodo file.
    When right clicking on that file, Comodo shows zero objects scanned.
    there are also other files in the drivers dir it does the same to. Was just wondering if it only does it to Comodo files?
    With Comodo installed I get access denied to view the file. When uninstalling Comodo yesterday to install new version. I check on file access after uninstalling and before installing new version and access was not denied until after reinstalling Comodo.

When scanning SFI.DAT with any other program they all show 1 object scanned.
    Guess I am wondering if it a bug or not?

17. controler

controler Guest

Maybe I have better luck at Comodo forums?

This forum has grown to large and people keep bacicly posting this versus that
    on top on other posts.

18. 3xist

3xist Guest

Comodo Internet Security has an AV. AV is a HUGE differentiator. Think of a keylogger not caught by the AV:

All keyloggers try to install themselves permanently. If they try to do so, they will be prevented by CIS.

Assume keylogger is executed and by chance at the same time, there is banking information entered in a web site for example, the firewall will catch it anyway.

Time Machine, Sandbox, etc will be in the free version. There is no difference between the code of the free version and the paid version. You get the same updates, same software and same features. There is no limitations. Why would people want go to the paid version? They may want TrustConnect, They may want their own PC Geek 24x7x365 and fix remotely and resolve any pc issues they have. And yes all that included for 39 $$ a year for CIS Pro subscribers. It's a nice new project for Comodo. But these are the only differences "services".

Still waiting for an answer. I will post back ASAP.

SFI.DAT is not a file of Comodo. Is this happening with 3.9 beta (latest beta) or the current release?

Cheers,
    Josh

19. controler

controler Guest

This is happening with last & latest beta. Could you try right clicking on various files in your driver DIR and see if you get same results?
    sending the 1.4 meg files brings back this message at Virus total.

0 bytes size received / has been received an empty file

can't move, copy, or open the file, Can unlock the file with unlocker.

EDIT: after uninstalling Comodo I can do anything I want with that file and so it must be a Comodo file ;-)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2009
  20. 3xist

3xist Guest

I can't reproduce this. Very strange. Can you please do a bug report in the Comodo Forums in the beta section please. With system details, security software, etc.

Cheers,
    Josh

21. a320ca

a320ca Registered Member

Currently running latest CIS 3.9.74199.494 beta with no issues here on 2nd XP Pro sp2 laptop. :D :thumb:

What other security apps would you recommend alongside CIS?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  22. Julian

Julian Registered Member

None, at least not if you use proactive config. Adding default browser's folders to my protected files wouldn't hurt neither.

23. controler

controler Guest

3xist

I have confirmed the file SFI.DAT is a Comodo file. After uninstalling Comodo, I was able to delete the file and when reinstalling Comodo, the file comes back. It appears it is only DAT files created on the day Comodo was installed. I did a search for *.dat files and the ones created on the day Comodo was installed all come up with zero objects scanned with a right click scan. But you should have a sfi.dat file created by Comodo that shows zero with a right click scan in your drivers DIR.

I will post over at Comodo forums.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2009
  24. 3xist

3xist Guest

Okay, Thank you for confirming. :)

Cheers,
    Josh

25. 3xist

3xist Guest

Hi Kronos.

Here is the answer to Question one from the lead developer:

"Some programs can close some handles in CIS processes and can cause it to stop working properly. Nothing serious."

Hope that helps. This was just a genuine private messages response.

Cheers,
    Josh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.