COMODO Internet Security 3.9.76924.507 Released!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by 3xist, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3xist

3xist Guest

COMODO Internet Security 3.9.76924.507 Released!

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2009
  2. Eice

Eice Registered Member

Inefficient and bloated signature strings ftw. Let's see if Comodo can set the record of being the first antivirus whose installer grows larger than 100MB.

3. danny9

danny9 Departed Friend

Thanks for the post 3xist! :)
    Downloading now.

4. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

What does that mean? Recognizability of more known and digitally signed applications, or simply reducing even more the advanced settings?

I always found amusing the fewer Defense+ alerts in COMODO propaganda, and I always noticed practically the same amount of pop-ups. Unless, of course, reduced advanced protection settings.

5. Rain_Train

Rain_Train Registered Member

Thanks for the update, Josh. Does this version include CIMA heuristics? I seem to recall you mentioning that before v4 comes out, another version will be released. Comments, please?

Nice try :p . G Data Internet Security is already over 100 MB (139 MB without BootCD capability, to be exact).

6. Eice

Eice Registered Member

Whoops. I stand corrected.

Okay, first single-engine suite then. :D

7. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

The installer couldn't be smaller?

8. 3xist

3xist Guest

Hi Guys.

Yes the signature database size is huge, This will be addressed in the next version which will have Family Signatures to detect many malware. A new format will be also introduced, for family signatures AND to reduce size and also memory consumption via DB updates.

This will all be handled then. BTW, Reduced pop ups: One click allow, One click block. And you have an AV installed to yes Comodo can skip a few checks, Default internet security configuration is there to PREVENT permanent infection, if you install only Firewall, then that will be applied, etc. In any case, CIS is still strong. AV is a massive difference.

Cheers,
    Josh

9. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Glad to hear that...

Looking for v4.0! ;)

10. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

Questions:

1) Can you opt out from installing BOClean during installation?

2) The reduced pop ups are because the AV is used as a means of verification? So if someone installs only the firewall (without Threatcast), does it change anything?

P.S. : I haven't tried this version, but IMHO, the 3.5.x.439 (?) , which was the one before the introduction of TC was the most stable version of all. Nowdays they add more and more and then you see the changelogs full of "fixed!".

11. bollity

bollity Registered Member

72 Mb o_O go away mr comodo i will not download or install this.

12. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Family Signatures? Kids included?
    Seriously though, any screenshots? I'm mainly interested in the main gui.

13. Fuzzfas

Ah, so if i don't install the AV, bye bye BoClean too. Good. The only time i had tried Boclean, about 1 year ago, it was pretty CPU hungry. Comodo is becoming more and more a "suite" with many components and i am not a "suite" guy. I just want the firewall.

Ah, that would be nice.

Thanks. I will wait and see what kind of bug reports will appear in the Comodo forum. I wouldn't mind having the firewall with less pop ups.

14. Fuzzfas

LOL! They mean they 'll make "generic" signatures. One signature will be able to catch more malware variants.

15. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

I know i know :)

16. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

was first to thanks comodo team for another no1 inthe world FREE security suit !

if ppl doesnt like comodo or talk about bad things , they better stop using anf firewalls at all , or stop reading this forum.

cheers :D

17. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

No. is not.

18. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

It have this size because of AV signatures file...

Check your COMODO installation folder...

19. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I can't say anything either way about the product as I don't use it. But I gotta ask. What the heck is the significance of the build number. 3.9.76924.507 It's almost like pi taken out to 20 digits. Can someone explain?

Pete

20. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

It's a representation of a large prime number. :)

21. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

its good question , this is not the only product using suck a long digit , i saw it also in eaz fix and rollback RX ;)

22. Makav3l1

Makav3l1 Registered Member

New version looks good. Nice updates to the AV. Still using avast! until I see some comparative testing including Comodo AV. I haven't been frequenting the forums as much lately, have any legitimate tests been done yet?

23. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

well the release seems nice,but i can't understand the "big installation file" thing here...
    i hope ppl find better pts to avoid comodo,meanwhile breaking news bitdefender's latest beta is weighing arounf 115mb....

24. Makav3l1

Makav3l1 Registered Member

If there aren't any reliable tests for Comodo AV, why would you recommend running it instead of avast? What does my AV selection have to do with using Sandboxie?

25. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Heh, i mentioned that but no one has ever taken me seriously there.
    No one uses such long version numbers because it's just ridiculous.
    Major number, minor number, build number. 3 separate numbers where build number should never exceed 4 digits (i'd prefer 3 but avast! now uses 4 and it's still ok).

Like:

3 is major version number, 9 is a minor version number, 4507 is build number.
    This is almost standard numbering but they obviously prefer useless 10 digit noodle i can't stand because it's just useless. My example looks by far better, easier to remember and understand and still offers plenty of numbers before you have to change minor version number. But oh well, Comodo ppl always "know" it better than some of us do... Such "minor" things are never important to them and they never seem to care about details.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.