Comodo Internet Security 3.10.101801.529 Released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by 3xist, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

For a little change of pace. I tried CIS and had problems so I uninstalled and then reinstalled but the same problem persisted after every reinstall (4) The problem is the the definitions updates take forever. 30% in fourty minutes. it is not my Internet connection 8mb download speed. Anyone else have this problem? I would like to have tried it out but can't take the update problem.

bigc

running XP Pro
    2.5 gig proc
    2gigs ram

Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  2. 3xist

3xist Guest

Guys...

HopSurf is Comodo's fully own developed toolbar. The toolbar is NOT Ask. Only if you search in the toolbar, It will be based on Ask search engine. That's it. Comodo listened to users and REMOVED the ask toolbar. The rewording in CIS installer should be changed to "Make COMODO my home page" and not Ask. Like the separate Hopsurf installer which has that, It's been passed on.

Why is HopSurf selected by default? It's more then a toolbar that just sits there for satisfaction. It's a PURE "Social Authentication Tool" and is the next level to stumble upon. You can rate sites, If you like/dislike them, Go to your favorite sites, Share that with other people, Exchange popular/favorite sites of your own with other people and so on. If many people use it, HopSurf will have a good database of sites that are popular, liked, disliked, etc and people will be able to access them right there, right now without having to go through PAGES of Google web searches for example. It's a way to watch Internet on your PC. This is why it's checked by default, It's a pure Social Authentication Tool.

Again, I would like to recap that this is NOT ask Toolbar. It's fully COMODO, Only Search Engine is Ask. If you install hopsurf with all 3 options checked on CIS install, Your IE for example will look like the one below. It's all Comodo and it's all infrastructure for social authentication.

Now Alex_S... I seem to remember post banning you from the Comodo Forums. Egemen the lead CIS developer asked about 4 times before to explain your affiliations and the possible OBVIOUS problems you have with COMODO, You failed to answer those. I don't see ANY reason why your continuing to debate in COMODO threads again like now, Because I believe you only get satisfaction by debating and you failed to answer that simple question on the COMODO forums.

So I ask you nicely, if your going to continue to post misleading statements are debates just like before, and especially you failing to answer what your problem is and you twist words, I ask you nicely again to stop. I am here to help people, period - But sometimes I cannot ignore misleading comments.

So please stop Alex. Until you let everyone know (again) your affiliations, problems with COMODO, I see no reason why your still continuing to post and debate with COMODO and the threads produced.

Btw guys: Attatched is HopSurfs/Comodos page.

Cheers,
    Josh

Attached Files:

3. Yanix

Yanix Registered Member

Hi

Ive been using comodo 3.9 and after the update to 3.10 ive seen a strange thing: the update settings is gone.
    The problem for me is there was a setting for not sending pending files to comodo.
    Is this a bug, or is it volunteer ??

Comdo 3.9 => http://i41.tinypic.com/30ufnyh.jpg
    (mise a jour is update in english)
    (soumettre automatiquement... is send automatically pending files to Comodo)

Comdo 3.10 => http://i42.tinypic.com/foofb5.jpg

4. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

comodo now wants to move from security software to social networking as well lol? nobody installs CIS to have social networkiing, it sounds like complete garbage bloat...

5. arran

arran Registered Member

well if Comodo's servers are strained, then this would be yet another good reason for people not to use Comodo. :D

6. 3xist

3xist Guest

All the Secure DNS Servers infrastructure are designed to handle millions of people. :)

If anyone has any issues that need sorted with COMODO, feel free to PM me so we can resolve 1 on 1.

Cheers,
    Josh

7. rocky6

rocky6 Registered Member

Ok, i decided to test comodo out. I really like the program and it's fast compared to the others i've used. Quesion is, COMODO Firewall-Updater has been running for about 1hr and 20mins so far. I can't click on it to see how far it is but it's still there. Is something wrong? Seems like a awful long time for a update. Edit clicked offline and showed it was at 54% but wasn't moving so i stopped it restarted computer and did a manual update and it went through in about 20 seconds. Not sure what happened.

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Let's stay on the thread topic.

9. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

Glad to help. Hopefully others will join me. :).

A man is judged by what he does...the same can be said of a software company.

Later...

10. ypestis

ypestis Guest

We can make things more murky than they need to be.
    We can "feed the Grey".
    To me it is pretty black/white.
    Comodo/the software=good,even under-rated.
    Comodo/ the corporate entity= One shady lady.

11. Someone

Someone Registered Member

IMHO Comodo is shooting themselves in the foot. As another poster has said, Melih is the only one who has to go around saying how they're not in it for the money and are trying to make the Internet a safer place, creating trust online, etc, thus which puts them to a higher standard.

12. clocks

clocks Registered Member

My Comodo just auto-updated to version 3.10.102194.530.

13. Makav3l1

Makav3l1 Registered Member

Comodo is offering a FREE security product where the only "inconvenience" is unchecking a few boxes during installation. Quit crying.

14. ypestis

ypestis Guest

FREE products without questionable associations,tool bars,tricky-dick installs etc.:
    AVG
    Avira
    Avast!
    WinPatrol
    Sandboxie
    Returnil
    Prevx
    Online Armour
    Ad infinitum.

Comodo is not the only company to offer free programs,but they damn sure are the last to fail to tell their right hand what their left hand does.

15. arran

arran Registered Member

So In other words you knew that you were wrong to begin with.

the only point that you have made is that you don't really have a valid point.

again it is not wise to use a security product from an UNTRUSTWORTHY vendor or person. Even if it works well. whether it works well or not is irrelevant.

I don't remember arguing this same thing before.

16. 3xist

3xist Guest

On this malware issue, Comodo revoke anyone misusing Comodo digital certs period. Just once the reporting failed and Comodo were delayed in revoking a misused cert, and all this issue about false statements about how Comodo does sell to certs to malware sites is about us being slow in one incident. Digital Cert misuse happens, will continue to happen. Just like many other misuses we have in the world. I believe Comodo have a pretty decent system for revocation and and they do improve it.

FACT: All posted by Melih here:

http://forums.comodo.com/general_di...own_malware-t39564.0.html;msg286754#msg286754

http://forums.comodo.com/general_di...own_malware-t39564.0.html;msg286775#msg286775

http://forums.comodo.com/general_di...own_malware-t39564.0.html;msg286782#msg286782

Cheers,
    Josh

17. Yanix

Yanix Registered Member

I put the correct images now.

18. 3xist

3xist Guest

I'm not too sure mate. :)

Cheers,
    Josh

19. 3xist

3xist Guest

Thank you to the wilders moderators for not closing this thread and removing SOME of the off topic That's really appreciative! Thanks! (Non Sarcasm btw)...

Cheers,
    Josh

20. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

To all,

A large number of posts, ranging from tangentially related to completely unrelated to the thread topic, have been removed.

Stay on topic, stay off personnally directed comments. If you can't follow that straightforward guidance, the thread will be closed.

Blue

21. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

one thing i can say this software is very good at protecting your entire Os and for ''free'' no vendors give such a tool for free:) if you guys dont like the tool bars dont install it;) and for sure dont make comodo your home page too;) just use the free tool ''comodo'':thumb:

22. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

I don't think it's any better than some other programs, and it's up to the user whether to trust it. For me it's more than a matter of "don't install the toolbar."

23. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

if one dig deep inside this tool and test it and see what is under the D+ hood may change your mind,anyway you are correct when you said that it is up to what the user likes to use :)

cheers

24. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

It would be not a bad idea to share this, isn't ?

25. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

it is very simple for example i tested MD,EqSecure,SSM,PG,RTD,D+,Winpatrol PLus for how to block or block/terminate a process in real time and the the only one that really blocks stuff for sure without loading(terminated/blocked processess)was D+:thumb: :thumb:
    note:MD blocks stuff too but it takes alitle more time efford:thumb:
    and you know as the other hips you have to set the hips as/untill your heart is content:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.