Comodo Internet Security 2013?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ahinterl, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qakbot

qakbot Registered Member

I thnk thats the difference between CIS and most other products. Comodo leaves the decision making to you the user. If that is the case, why are you buying their product ? Thats also the reason why CIS doesn't work for the average user since they constantly have to make these complex decisions as to their security. With other products you set it and forget it.

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

They also ruined the only thing that could potentially make CIS work for casual users. The option which asks user to supply elevated rights popup. If you disable it so files remain sandboxed until they are whitelisted also breaks the entire trust chain and even if the program is whitelisted and signed by a trusted signature will fail to run unlimited.

I've reported it during BETA and no one botehred to fix it. Reported it again and no one bothered to do anything. They were just constantly harrasing me with their moronic bug report format nonsense. So i removed it from all my systems and went back to avast! where they at least fix things during beta (thats why the damn beta even exists) and the fact that they fix anything, regardless of how you report it. I don't have time or the nerves to re-report the same thing million times just so it will get ignored yet again. Apparently no one at Comodo cares about actually improving things. I genuinly like CIS6 but with that kind of lame attitude and absolute zero support, no thanks.

3. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

You mean Rating Scan showed 200 Unknown?

On 3 of my systems, 2 Win 7 64 SP1 & XP SP3 32 Rating Scan shows 100% Trusted.

4. khanyash

With CIS 6 there are no popups.

You get only 1 type of popup now & that is Unlimited Rights Popup & you can reply it with the Default i.e Sandbox or Allow or Block. Its not that hard.

I find CIS 6 an improved & suitable version for the masses. I have 2 Win 7 64 & XP 32, I haven't got any popup yet or any program autosandboxed. Whatever programs users (Average Users) used on these systems were either in Local TVL i.e Trusted Vendor List of CIS or Whitelisted in Comodo Cloud Whitelist.

CIS 6 is the first ever version of CIS that I find easy, effective & suitable for the masses.

5. spywar

spywar Registered Member

On my Win Vista x64 it showed 200 unk files.

6. khanyash

I guess you are mentioning about the option to automatically sandbox the unknown installers instead of giving popup & this option is now not there, right?

I dont remember about previous versions. I dont have/had probs running or installing trusted programs with CIS 6. I dont play/install games. What are the trusted programs you have/had probs?

7. guest

guest Guest

if you are talking about CIS, it is interesting.
    Because it doesnt know my ATI driver files completly. it is fresh systems. ATI files is not new, there are 10 months age files.

All files reported million times :) But no action yet.

8. ZeroDay

ZeroDay Registered Member

Everythings trusted on my computer :)

9. khanyash

Attached is the screenshot of Rating Scan on my system Win 7 64, its 100%.

I checked but there are no ATI files in the Rating Scan. I guess I dont have ATI drivers installed or my system doesn't require ATI drivers.

Attached Files:

• RS.png
      RS.png
      File size:
      145.8 KB
      Views:
  10. guest

guest Guest

Maybe you dont use too much software ;)
    if you are using K-lite codec pack for example, it will show some files as unknown.
    Today it upload some office files to cloud because they are unknown

Attached Files:

11. spywar

spywar Registered Member

AHAAH don't expect any action ... They receive 100K of unique samples everyday and they claim to analyse them manually but in fact whitelisting team process things submitted to forum and new program updates available on SoftPedia ...

12. spywar

spywar Registered Member

As said above, they will never get classified until someone will send them throught the forum.

13. Syobon

Syobon Registered Member

This is what i don't like on comodo and many other avs nowadays... i don't want my stuff being uploaded just because its 'unknown' :blink:

14. qakbot

qakbot Registered Member

Don't worry, they are only submitting PE files, not pictures. What 'stuff' do you have ? :)

15. TheWindBringeth

TheWindBringeth Registered Member

PEs can contain embedded usernames and/or passwords and/or keys. They may be associated with a particular financial account and institution. They may be proprietary software under development or testing, in some cases one which is covered by NDA. They may reveal a wide range of sensitive information ranging from what security tools the person uses, to what type of alarm system they have, what their hobbies and other activities are, etc. They may be custom self-extractors with just about anything inside. Such scenarios, and other's of concern I might be missing, wouldn't apply to all users. However, it would be wise for people to consider what exactly is being revealed when such an upload takes place.

16. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

Can you install only the firewall in this V6?

17. spywar

spywar Registered Member

An AV expert from Comodo said they receive quite a lot of useless stuff like pictures.

18. Victek

Victek Registered Member

19. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

spywar, can you provide a source for that info?

If that´s true, i wonder why the need of uploading pictures :/

20. ZeroDay

ZeroDay Registered Member

I'd like to see a source for that info too.

21. hogndog

hogndog Registered Member

22. spywar

spywar Registered Member

23. TheWindBringeth

TheWindBringeth Registered Member

Thanks spywar. That message is several years old, but that doesn't mean the same scenarios don't still apply.

I don't think any AV company can rule out uploading something sensitive. How comprehensive are the controls for limiting what gets uploaded? Some would want to block all of that, others allow all of that, then there are those who would want to do things such as:

a) Specify, via rules, those files/folders/volumes for which no info should ever be uploaded.
    b) Enable prompting so that all items the software would like to upload can be manually, individually, approved or disapproved for uploading.

Do Comodo's newer offerings support both?

24. Netherlands

Netherlands Registered Member

25. spywar

spywar Registered Member

You know I remember in V4 beta, an unknown file was marked as safe in just a couple of days ... (DDP worked as expected). Now an unknown file is still unknown after 2 years ... They just cannot analyse 100 000 of incoming samples every day ! :argh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.