Comodo Internet Security 2011 (ver 5) Sneak Peak!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Dragons Forever, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Here is video and Screen Shots of CIS 2011 (ver 5).

More details will be released once beta testing has started. Cheers!

Video: xxtp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2FeKhoxRX8

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2010
  2. guest

guest Guest

Better gui. But not dramatically changed.
    I cant see behavior blocker (i didnt watch video)

3. guest

guest Guest

http://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/cis-2011-cis-50-sneak-peek-t58989.0.html

4. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Thanks for the screen shots...And thanks for the link 'Maymoon'

5. guest

guest Guest

:) No prob

6. Cloud based AV and Cloud based Behavior Blocker are not enabled by default yet in the version moderators have. There are many changes in this version for the better though.

Example for the sandbox: Sandbox now catches dropped files, and you can also view sandboxed processes in "View Active Process List", you can take things out of sandbox etc.

There are many more changes... which details will be released in time.

7. guest

guest Guest

Comodo 4.1 cant do this? It already catch unknown executables right?

8. CIS 4.0 off course sandboxes unknown...

but virtualization was not enabled by default. I think in this version it now is...

9. ALookingInView

ALookingInView Registered Member

The GUI is a step in the right direction, but it honestly still looks second-rate to me.
    Take the fonts for instance -- they're STILL not consistent throughout, despite myself and others suggesting it years ago.
    By no means is that the only fault I see, but I'm sure there's still plenty of time to pay some more attention to the details.

10. Kyle1420

Kyle1420 Registered Member

The sandbox has always been broken. Thats why 'experts' disable and recommend to disable it. The virtualisation doesn't work. I watched the video, Didn't see anything to do with a behavior blocker or camas which was meant to be in V4. Only saw a bunch of GUI recolors.

The black\white\maroon\red\orange\green\blue do not mix, I think that too much color has been added, A simplistic color scheme IMO would have been much more pleasant on the eyes, Needs more white (The black and white looks nice, mixed with others and it just looks like a bad carpet stain)

The introduction of cloud is much welcome :).

"and the very first time: Cloud Behavior Blocking ! ...an unknown file will be executed for you in our servers and its behavior analysed before you execute it!"

Cloud behavior blocking? I don't get it. I thought that unknown files were already meant to be sent to comodo for analysis before being released into the system o_O

11. guest

guest Guest

is it broken? I know same samples bypass it but you say it is completely useles?
    I know some samples bypassed sandboxie, defensewall or other sandbox
    Your mean CC sandbox has big security hole?

12. Kyle1420

You can test it for yourself, Sandbox a browser with comodo and download a file. The file should be placed within Comodo's sandbox folder as I was told - It was not, It was placed on the desktop where you can run like any other file.

13. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

The actual file you downloaded is "of course" not blocked from getting saved, but if it's unknown to COMODO, it's either automatically run sandboxed once executed, alternatively you'll get a prompt with the choices Sandbox, Allow or Block, depending on the file's digital signature/trusted vendor state.

You proved in your previous post as well you didn't get all the details straight either, or read them. Don't criticize something which you evidently haven't payed enough attention to or done enough research on - enough said.

14. raven211

Languy, have you got any information on how secure the default Partially Limited setting is against the real serious threats, like keyloggers and malware which delete files on your harddrives, etc.?

Thanks

15. burebista

burebista Registered Member

Mine is perfect fine. Sandbox Palemoon as restricted

sandbox_restricted_palemoon.jpg

download a file

Download_Sandbox.jpg

checking the desktop and nada

desktop.jpg

but where it is? Maybe in VritualRoot?

desktop_sandbox.jpg

Of course. :D

Same behavior for running Palemoon limited in Sandbox.
    XP x32 SP3, FW, D+ in Safe Mode, AV Stateful, Proactive.

16. Kyle1420

That's strange... I made a post about this awhile ago.
    http://forums.comodo.com/defense-sa...ffending-process-t55838.0.html;prev_next=prev

I wonder if using GoogleChrome had anything to do with it .

Raven.. Chill, I spent a lot of time reading the comodo forums and from what I read, When it says file virtualisation you'd think that it would be isolated from the rest of the system. :S
    +I'm giving my feedback to the latest release. You can't argue with someones opinion, it just doesn't work

17. raven211

I'm as calm as a summer-breeze and only gave an fact-stating response - but you can call it arguing response if that makes you feel better. This quoted response is only proof that it's all about your own perception and nothing else. :)

EDIT: Just read your edited post. Evidently YOU are the one taking it personally on the other hand, easily seen on your text. Calm down and learn to be able to just discuss something without heating up.

EDIT2: It seems like I have misinterpreted how the sandbox virtualization is supposed to work possibly, though I don't know what Palemoon is - if it is different from a regular web-browser that's and if that in itself affects how the virtualization works/is intended to work.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  18. acuariano

acuariano Registered Member

gui looks like iobit 360 right?....isn't it..

19. dunno...

all i know is THIS GUI is fantastic!!!! :)

20. burebista

burebista Registered Member

It's just a Firefox compiled with some optimizations. I'm running portable version.
    Also I've just tried Firefox 4 Beta 1 portable and same behavior, downloads are in VritualRoot.
    Maybe Kyle is right and it has something to do with Chrome. Frankly I don't care because I'm a long time Firefox user.

As for CIS 5 I like new options and GUI. I just hope that all those enhancement will be in first stable release because usually some things are advertised and other things appears in first stable release. :D

21. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

I like the new GUI, but it looks like another Bitdefender knock off.

22. raven211

I think you're right, and I apologize in general for being the one getting things wrong on how CIS works.

Palemoon looks very interesting and I'll definitely check it out if I ever feel Firefox is something more than a Opera rip-off. xD No offense ^^

Looking forward to the BETA release. :) The new version indeed looks promising - I just need more information on how secure the default "Partially Limited" virtualization actually is. Overall the file-deleting and keylogging malware is what I'm afraid of, Windows is just something you reinstall once in a while in my case. xD

23. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

It's a well known fact that the Rogue AV creators have all the best looking GUIs the legit vendors should be looking to recruit these guys :p

24. raven211

Haha! xD It's so funny that I've been thinking the exact same thing. xD

25. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

i dont really see how it looks like a bitdefender knock off... but i do like the new GUI which is about all i can say about CIS...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.