Comodo firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Sputnik, Oct 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ciaba

Ciaba Registered Member

k guys, I'll do it shortly

2. Ciaba

Ciaba Registered Member

Tnx but nothing, same problem...

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/6088/comodo2opera0zd.th.jpg

I think need to do a rule for Network monitor.

But not all bad, I've found finally a good setting for eMule...so in time step by step :D

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

4. trojan

trojan Registered Member

Must say this firewall is good, runs well on my system reminds me of a cross between zonealarm and tiny but with less features.
    I have had no negative issues thus far, the product/company seems to have caused concern with its toolbar that many antispyware programes are flaging as a hijacker. I am running it now alongside outpost 3.51 kav 6.0 and Prevx with no compatability issues and no stability problems as i still like some of the features that Outpost has and would miss them. Outpost does not detect the comodo install so their is no annoying nag screens about running 2 firewalls lol
    I did obviously test when only comodo was installed and it passed sygate grc and some tests with trojans using dll and thread injection, Comodo was able to detect and stop the reverse conection of bifrost and a few others i tested.
    Not sure weather it can really compete with the best firewalls available (lacks some features) but being free and so easy to use it must make the no1 free firewall recomondation in my view as jetico is just not for everyone for obvious reasons and free zonealarm and avg are useless. The free pcguard that ntl giveaway also deletes some of the componets of Comodo calling them spyware this is also a false posative this company seems to get alot of bad press and from what i can see none of it is justified :cool:

Is their antivirus any good? their forum seems to be full of complaints kinda put me off of it

5. Rieske

Rieske Registered Member

Thing doesn't do well with Emule (low ID and that sorta stuff), even when the rules are applied as given on the support forum.

6. Ciaba

Ciaba Registered Member

Hi Rieske, not true, eMule work well with Comodo...but U must set well it's rules, expecially in Network Monitor window, respecting correct Up\Down order.
    Would U report setting U R use for eMule??

7. Rieske

Rieske Registered Member

Used the settings as given.

8. waters

waters Registered Member

Emule high id .I followed the advice on their forum,and posted here.Works well with emule

9. Rieske

Rieske Registered Member

Strange, rules dumped and set again. Now it works fine. TY.

10. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Hm, looks like Comodo guys fixed some issues. Or just a random display, though i hope it's not...

Packet filtering is perfect now, i just removed all Network Filters and added block all inbound ICM Echo requests. GRC test seems to pass just fine with TruStealth status. eMule running with HighID too, though it took a bit longer to max out the upload.

Melih, was there some update that fixed this? I've re-downloaded entire installer today, so i don't know if there were any updates...

11. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

CPF was updated to v. 2.1.0.1. After opening up the executable, the installation file is dated 6/1/06. Got the file from SoftPedia, no release notes available there or on the CPF home page.

12. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

I have been using this for about 24 hours now. I gave it a what the hey test while i was waiting for OA's firewall.

But I have to say, other than a few small problems I am absolutely loving this Firewall. And honestly am feeling I now do not wish to remove it. I would infact go as far to say it is definitely up there as a contender for the best firewall i have tried (and i have tried them all).

I still cant believe it is free. I am expecting something to honestly jump out at me as something this good cant possibly be free.

But it does have some faults thought on the version i am using 2.1.1.1. Such as its problems with Kaspersky AV v5, which i have reported on Comodo's forums. And i will be reporting it on Kaspersky's forum too.

And its ommiting problems causing slight system freezing sometimes.

But once these problems are sorted this is definitely a keeper.

I just hope it runs well alongside OA in its future v2 release when it comes out (i.e when OA comes with its own firewall) as OA is another one of my indispensible programs that i cant live without.

Thanks
    Anthony

13. RadicalEdward

RadicalEdward Registered Member

How is that possible? The only other firewall I've been able to run along side a 3rd party app is the crappy windows firewall.....any other time I've tested two at once my computer gets blown up....

Last edited: Jun 22, 2006
  14. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

Did anyone notice that the newest ver of Comodo is still forgetting rules?

15. RadicalEdward

Yup, I decided to scrap sunbelt off my machine because it ocasionally caused crashes, so I downloaded comodo. While I've granted access to all of my av updaters, I still get pop ups asking me to grant them access.

16. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

Oh OK thanks. I thought they were going to fix that in this build. Must be the next build they were talking about. Thanks again.

17. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I have the same issue. I think after each AV update it happens.
    So its, a known issue?

18. RadicalEdward

They fixed it in the new version....however the process cmd agent is constantly sucking up at least 20% of my CPU even when it's not in use....a bit annoying even though my computer can handle it...

19. Melih-Comodo

Melih-Comodo Former Poster

it should not do that.
    We have seen this with a program called Weather Channel (or something similar) that tells you about weather.

There must be a program in your PC thats causing this, its matter of figuring out which one. Also when you do, can you pls let us know at Comodo so that we can identify the issue.

thanks
    Melih

20. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hi Melih-Comodo,
    I see your firewall is coming on in "leaps and bounds" ("very quickly")
    How are the "application rules" progressing, is it possible to block an IP with these rules, and can they be ordered yet (placed into an order of rule preference/priority)

Regards,

21. RadicalEdward

@Melih

I know, I registered as a different user name in your support forums and posted that discovery. It's not something I absolutely need to run, so I don't mind shutting it down.....

22. Melih-Comodo

Melih-Comodo Former Poster

Ok thanks :)

We will fix it though :)

Melih

23. neonSurge

neonSurge Registered Member

Hi Stem,

Yes I think that issue has been fixed too. So it seems it was a bug. Also they are completely redesigning that part : http://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,541.msg3224.html#msg3224

J

24. nice_guy

nice_guy Registered Member

I would like confirmation that a problem I am having with CPF 2 and above is not limited to just me.

The problem is that the Temporary Internet Files folder (AKA TIF) is NOT being cleared automatically when the IE browser is closed if you have enabled this option. I believe the problem is caused by CPF.EXE having a lock or similar on the folder. Only if I kill the process CPF.EXE does the cache get cleared.

However, manually clearing the cache works. The one built into Internet Options and all 3rd party programs I tried work. It's just the automatic clearing as I am outlining below:

Here's what you need to do if you don't already do this:

1. Open up your IE browser. Select Tools|Internet Options|Advanced Tab.

2. Go to the Security heading near the bottom of the list and check the box called "Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed".

3. Close your browser.

4. Open IE browser again and browse a few sites to get some stuff into the cache. Without closing your browser you can use Tools|Internet Options|General|Settings|View Files while in the browser to view the cache to see if it does indeed have 'stuff' in it. You should see lots of stuff in the cache (jpgs, gifs, css, html, etc.).

5. Close your browser.

6. Now look at your TIF folder to see if it has been cleared. I suggest you use the Control Panel applet called Internet Options to do this without having to open the browser. The only thing you should see are Cookies and maybe a few other things. You should NOT see things like jpegs, gifs, CSS files, html, jscripts, etc.

Let me know if I am the only one having this problem with CPF running?

Thanks.

25. nixie21

nixie21 Registered Member

Just downloaded this last night.... Looks good so far...

Any advice for a novice usero_O

It seems high on resources, is there any way to lower it?
    What are the settings for emule?

Thanks!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.