Comodo firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Sputnik, Oct 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shaunwang

shaunwang Registered Member

well at least comodo should be aware of their resources, coz there's still people out there who needs a good firewall and a reliable one which does not hog around with resource too much. I do not expect them to development that fast if their resource on the new development is going to be heavy. Lets hope by the end of this month they able to cut down on this and fix the flaw which were mention.

2. JimmyD

JimmyD Registered Member

Here's mine:

cpf.exe - 16.5 MB
    CLPTray.exe - 2.2 MB
    cmdagent - 2.8 MB
    Total - 21.5 MB

I don't see any reason to leave the GUI open so that's irrelevant.

3. Kentish

Kentish Registered Member

Already had 1 update, which has made a big improvement on the resources. Another update due soon apparently.

4. korb

korb Registered Member

hi, every time after booting up for 5 mins ,comodo was force to shut down by window error notify. reason cause by this component:rrshell.dll
    anyone have any suggestion.o_O

5. BoToMaTiC

BoToMaTiC Registered Member

Just a Great Firewall,

I used alot of em but this one takes em all.

Now that Version 2.0.0.1 came out yesterday, it runs smoother then before so this is my main Software Firewall from now on.

6. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Good firewall, though it appears to have extreme problems with eMule (LowID).

7. waters

waters Registered Member

Low id also.Any ideas

8. waters

waters Registered Member

Ok found what to do on there forum

9. monsunami

monsunami Registered Member

okay, firewall updated itself and now is much more responsive when clicking allow or deny an operation. Hope they keep improving.

10. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2006
  11. Melih-Comodo

Melih-Comodo Former Poster

Can you pls share with Comodo developers the problems with eMule so that they can fix it.

we would love to continually improve our product and user feedback is a key component. Hence I would appreciate your feedback on this issue pls.
    you can either send an email to support@comodo.com or preferebly come to forums.comodo.com and talk to our developers there.

thanks
    Melih
    Comodo

12. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Certanly. Actually it's a pretty simple one. Emule has LowID even though i set everything related to emule.exe to ALLOW (including all addresses and all ports).
    So i assume it has something to do with IDS part (the proactive one).

Also i don't like that centralized control and tray icons aren't the best either.
    Otherwise it's pretty nice firewall.

EDIT:
    Yey, now i can't even install it.

Error: 1608
    Unable to create InstallDriver instance

You really have to recheck both AV and FW installers. They seem to have terrible problems all the time for everything. First i couldn't uninstall Comodo AV, now i can't even install Comodo FW, god knows what else will happen next time...

Last edited: May 11, 2006
  13. Melih-Comodo

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciate it.
    We hope to have a much more stable installation for the products with the next release.

Again, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Melih

14. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Another thing i don't understand is why Comodo creates separate rules for In and Out traffic, when you can select "Both directions" option?
    It just creates longer Applications list which is harder to read.
    Same for IP and port range. From 0 - 255.255.255.255 and 0 - 65535. Why not just set "Any" ?

EDIT:
    I also found out whats wrong with eMule+Comodo FW combination.
    It's the way how firewall applies rules.

You have to use Network Monitor rules to block ICMP Echo and TCP (to pass GRC test), but eMule fails to work properly even though it's set to allow connections in all possible directions, including invisible ones.

But if i remove TCP blocking rule in Network Monitor eMule starts working, but GRC test fails on unsolicated TCP stuff.

So in my opinion Network Monitor rules should be important, but appliactions should also have option not to obey them (if you set them to allow ANY). It must be possible because other firewalls also manage to stealth the PC, yet eMule can still work as usual.

Last edited: May 13, 2006
  15. Melih-Comodo

these discussions might be useful

http://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,29.0.html .

http://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,25.msg111.html#msg111

pls do not hesitate to ask further clarification if you need any.

thanks
    Melih

16. korb

korb Registered Member

i found that comodo don't work well with regrun 4.5. regrun 's rrshell.dll always shut down comodo after 10-15 mins. anyone experience this before.now i'm back to jetico. :(

17. Melih-Comodo

Korb

Can you pls provide me with details of your configuration etc (os, running apps etc) so that we can re-create the environment to replicate this and then fix it!

thanks for your help

Melih

18. korb

korb Registered Member

hi melih,

well i will try my best as i had already uninstall comodo for the moment.

configuration for comodo is default and i also try turning-on component from learing mode.i even add the "rrshell.dll to let comodo reconize it.but all seem not to work.

running app: chx-I filter packet (no conflict)
    GSS (ghost security suite) (no conflict)
    NOD32 (no conflict)
    unhackme (no conflict)
    regrun 4.5 ( conflict )

when i start window with runguard(part of regrun ) after 5-10 mins, a window error message will appear to say that comodo need to shut down .the component that shut it down is "rrshell.dll".

i quote from greatis web site "What is the "rrshell.dll"?

This DLL is used to trap file execution.

You can see it in the regrun Start Control, "Windows Core Components", "Shell Loggers" tab. This DLL is required to use RunGuard in auto mode.

If you are being asked by WatchDog(part of regrun) about "rrshell.dll" you should decide do you want to use RunGuard in auto mode or not." unquote.

i quote again "RunGuard is a tool allows you to automatically check a file before its execution. If the file will be suspicious, RunGuard will warn a user to proceed execution or decline it.

RunGuard uses own "ScriptCheck" technology to determine if a file is useful or harmless.

RunGuard can check:

ท Microsoft Office files (doc, dot, xls, xlt, ppt);

ท HTML files (htm, html, shtml, asp, mhtml);

ท Windows script and batch files (vbs, wsh, js, bat pif, cmd);

ท Windows HTA (hta);

ท Windows registry files (reg.)"

19. Melih-Comodo

thanks Korb
    we are on with it..

thanks
    Melih

20. Ciaba

Ciaba Registered Member

...Hi all this's my first post and I've a question on Comodo with Opera Browser, exactly with post service of Opera(integrated in). Every time I start Opera Comodo Showing me a windows with 4 events all similar with only number of doors different(too much different every time...Es 4567\8\9\0, or 1234\5\6\7, etc, etc).

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/1945/comodoopera5bq.th.jpg

If I select remember my answer Comodo dont do it and if I close\open Opera he reshow same event...any Idea??

p.s. Melih, sorry, why U've decided to not put in Applications Monitor's rules the control on local(source), ports and IP??

p.p.s when I resize in windows the space between events columns(i think needed for a good ergonomic work on rules), this is not recalled and if move on a different windows and then come back the space is in default mode. I know is a little thing but for me is important for to see rule's dettail.

...cya...and sorry for english,...but is so :D

[EDIT]
    I've solved with a 100% free access rule for Opera...but not like me much.
    Why is not possible use only a rule with selected ports(21,25,53,80,110,443), for Browser??

Last edited: May 29, 2006
  21. olap

olap Registered Member

@Ciaba testa di caz.. ai cambiato firewall, non e migliore di Jetico, dispiace.
    Prova configurare send datagram.

22. Ciaba

Ciaba Registered Member

Ah che accogliente benvenuto,...vedo con finto stupore che gli imbecilli sono distribuiti in ogni parte del globo :isay:
    Si ok nn è ai livelli di Jetico ma è un buon firewall in ogni caso. ;)

Ho risolto dando via libera a tutto, porte e protocolli ma nn è che mi sfagioli molto la cosa...mah vedremo.

p.s. cmq l'ho messo su solo per testarlo...penso che a breve tornerò a quello serio.

Last edited: May 29, 2006
  23. timcan

timcan Registered Member

Hi Ciaba, why not post this question at comodo forums? They have cpf development people that frequent help there. Hope this helps.http://forums.comodo.com

24. Melih-Comodo

Ciaba
    come and put your requests for features in the wishlist in the Comodo forums so that our developers can track it.
    thanks
    Melih

25. timcan

timcan Registered Member

Hi Ciaba,you can do this, pls go to appl. monitor >right click opera.exe>edit>remote port>set of ports>ok .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.