Comodo Firewall without Defense+

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by rOadToIS, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rOadToIS

rOadToIS Registered Member

Will disabling D+ have any affect on Comodo Firewall's performance like leakage?

2. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

comodo firewall alone will still be good at what it does, be a firewall, but obviously it wont score amazing on leaktests without D+, the HIPS is the thing that stops most the leaks anyways, y do u think all the high ranking FW's on matousec are FW+HIPS combo's

3. chris2busy

chris2busy Registered Member

many malware use(manipulate) legitimate processes to get your data out of your pc.So cpf without D+ will not be as good for outbound calls as it'd be with D+
    contrary to what some here believe leak tests DO matter since if your goal is outbound protection.as for inbound,any will do the basic protecting i guess.

4. 3xist

3xist Guest

Is it too noisy for you? The new v3.8 beta on the forums is much much more less noisy.

If you want... I can let you know when it goes final.

Cheers,
    Josh

5. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

tbh, for me the beta is about as stable as the current released version, i would definetly try it out. im using it and its much better.

6. progress

progress Guest

Would you recommend Comodo Firewall Pro 2.4.18 Free (without HIPS Defense+)? :blink:

7. smage

smage Registered Member

Hi,
    What about using CPF without Defense+ and add Threatfire to it?
    Then, I'll get a good firewall, good proactive defense and no Pop ups.
    Of course, I know that Comodo is trying hard to improve its usability and when it succeeds, I will surely use it.

8. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

IMO you're better to disable D+ in the current version rather than use 2.4 as it's a lot lighter on the system.I don't think 2.4 is for Vista if my dodgy memory serves me.

9. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

There should be no problem at all with that combination,TF will compliment the firewall.I ran D+ and TF together last year with no incompatibilities.

10. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

This is an old post, but this might help.

What it does: configure D+ to look only at the worst things. Trying to balance security with low noise. Idea behind is that all the common intrusions are handled by ThreatFire. The new threatfire does us an AV anymore, because the behavioral detection is improved (near zero FP's).

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=207773&highlight=comodo threatfire setup

Another options would be (since you are using Avira AND Sandboxie), is to simply use the freeware version of Online Armor. Wait til the 3.1 is out. It has improved in performance. I currently run the 3.1.0.26 beta, with the warn me when an unknown program starts deselected. You can install it iwth trust all. This will generate near zero pop-ups (only with intrusions, which behind SBIE is not likely to happpen). I do the same on our family PC. From time to time I check the new programs, autostartsand IE add ons (are visible and trust them or block them). The new check for hidden processes works swell in the last beta.

Cheers

Kees

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.