comodo firewall with defense+ disabled

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by dr99, Oct 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dr99

dr99 Registered Member

I have tried a lot of different firewalls, but i keep coming back to comodo. If i install the firewall only will i still get leak protection or will malware be able to hijack an already allowed process and connect to the internet without giving me a popup? I would use defense+ but I can't stand the endless stream of popups and i need a firewall for non tech savy friends who wouldn't know how to handle defense+.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  2. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

lol i dont think people realize what a firewall's job is, its to monitor and control internet traffic, not applications. so a majority of the leak tests are based around what a HIPS product can protect (yet for some unknown reason most of them call it firewall tests :doubt:) so yes, a lot of those "good" test results u see for leaktests won't be the same as if u use JUST the firewall portion of it, it WILL do its job as a FIREWALL tho.

3. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Same here! I'm not a fan of HIPS, so I usually turn it off. I prefer a behavior blocker like Threatfire as it gives less pop-ups.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.