Comodo firewall with d+ and winpatrol free

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by ams963, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Hi, I use comodo firewall with defense plus. Can I use winptrol on my pc too?

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think winpatrol free does the same thing or similar to what defense+ does that is perform as a hips.So will they conflict? If not, will it be overkill like using two different things doing the same work? Or will adding winpatrol free to my pc along with comodo fw/d+ increase security?

Thanks for any reply.

2. guest

guest Guest

I had been using both without problems but as you said D+ and winpatrol are more or less the same HIPS but winpatrol is very basic and D+ is much better. The only advantage with winpatrol is that you can control better the programs that start with the computer, and stuff like that.

IMO the best company for Comodo Internet Security is Prevx Safe Online Free.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2011
  3. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Many thanks for your reply.

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

No problems using both. After allowing something with Comodo, it won't alert you on anything about it, that's where WinPatrol comes in handy.

5. guest

guest Guest

If you want control and popups you just need to disable the sandbox, or use it in paranoid mode.

6. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Once you trust the program (like installer mode), it won't alert you.

7. guest

guest Guest

And the trusted list check the MD5 if the file is different will not have the same MD5, so will be sandboxed.

8. J_L

J_L Registered Member

There won't be any sandboxing once you (which I stated before, not CIS) trust it. Also, it's not the same as alerts.

9. guest

guest Guest

If you trust it and the file changes the changed file is not trusted (they are different files), if you click purge the entry for the old file will be deteled.

EDIT: Sorry, in my last 2 messages I though that this was the other thread xD

Yes if you use the installer mode or if you trust the file you will not get an alert about a new app runing at the start, but you can easily see it with msconfig of windows, ccleaner or any other similar tool...

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2011
  10. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Not as easy or visible as WinPatrol still.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.