Comodo Firewall v6 - to HIPS or not

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by nozzle, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nozzle

nozzle Registered Member

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Will there be any change other than popups if I enable HIPS in Comodo Firewall v.6? And, will I be able to uncheck the HIPS checkbox with no changes being made to my computer?

Sorry for these questions but I get scared fooling around with things like this.

Thanks

2. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

No, it is just an option. Turning it off won't affect anything.
    HIPS on = popups, more control
    HIPS off=less control, BB takes over.

3. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

Generally, enabling the HIPS component will up the resources a little, give you more control, as well as giving you more popups.

I use Chiron's configuration Guide, which works quite well (Still very powerful).

Visit the link here to see the guide for yourself (It's up to you if you want to configure it this way). Anyways, here is the link https://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-install-comodo-firewall.htm

If you were to configure it this way, it shouldn't mess anything up....So, no worries about being scared when fooling with the settings.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  4. nozzle

nozzle Registered Member

Thanks KelvinW4 and RADION0101 for you info and help. I feel more confident about changing things in Comodo Firewall.

Have a nice day, nozzle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.