COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.17.304 has been released!

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Pedro, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

http://forums.comodo.com/comodo_fir...has_been_released-t19588.0.html;msg134398#new

2. xandros

xandros Registered Member

thank you
    i feel comodo firewall pro more light now on my computer
    its great

3. xandros

xandros Registered Member

FIXED: VPN Clients cant connect to VPN servers
    · FIXED: cmdagent.exe consumes 100% CPU
    · FIXED: System reboot takes too long when CFP is installed with some other security software such as Avast
    · FIXED: CFP can not find the application behind a connection (for example kaspersky web scanner)
    · FIXED: "System Idle Process" is now changed to "Windows Operating System" to describe applicationless traffic (So no more system Idle Process in anywhere in CFP)
    · FIXED: Internet Connection Sharing (ICS): CFP is now compatible with ICS servers (users will need to answer some popup alerts)
    · FIXED: System performance has been slightly improved
    · FIXED: Defense+ allowed some applications to modify a protected file wven if it is not allowed
    · FIXED: 8.3 path conversion and its associated duplicate entries/not remembering my answer problems (e.g. for BOClean or AVG)
    · FIXED: if CFP.exe is active, trying to rerun cfp.exe will activate the currently active CFP.exe instance now
    · FIXED: Accidental BLOCK/ALLOW for image execution popups are NOT remembered through out the application life time anymore (This means if an application is blocked/allowed from being executed without remembering, it will be asked again)
    · FIXED: Default global rules for NON-P2P mode has now been changed to allow various incoming ICMP messages that affects windows updates and trace routing applications
    · FIXED: New application signature database has been introduced: the size and format has been significantly changed to prevent false alerts from some AV programs
    · FIXED: Crashes while opening help file from the GUI links
    · FIXED: Crashes related to password protection dialog

4. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

Those are old fixes.....

5. Victek

Victek Registered Member

6. GideonD

GideonD Registered Member

So far I'm finding it a bit annoying. Using Firefox when I download anything at all as soon as I click the Save button Comodo always asks me if I want to allow Firefox to write a file or folder. It seems to do the same thing with other applications like extracting a zip file with 7-zip. It doesn't seem to remember the selection I make. Either that or it considers each attempt to save a file a seperate action. That's my main complaint so far.

7. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

You are suppose to use treat as trusted application.

8. Dieselman

Dieselman Registered Member

Hey Coolio it seems like Melih didn't put down all fixes cause its running better then ever. Less pop ups.

9. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I get the popup that says D+ is learning, but no yellow or red Alerts yet.

10. GideonD

GideonD Registered Member

That's what I was thinking. I'm setting it to trusted now to see what happens. It just odd that I never had to set it as such before this. It worked fine without setting it as trusted on every previous version I had.

11. Dieselman

Those are not pop ups. You can disable those. That is a balloon message. Not a pop up for the firewall or D+.

Comodo has always done this when first installed.

12. aigle

aigle Registered Member

What does it mean?

13. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Coolio10! Sorry but that will be a bad choice. I will never mark my browser trusted.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  14. Dieselman

Trusted in D+. Make it a web browser in firewall settings.

15. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hi GideonD, it,s the file protection of Defence+. It does remembers rule but will alert u for every new file. So U need to make a rule with wildcard for ur browser specifying the allowed folder( where u download files via ur browser).

See my example. Computer Security Policy> Opera> Edit> Access Rights> Protected Files/ Folders> Modify> Allowed files and folders> Add.
    I use Opear and added two allowed rules:

C:\Documents and Settings\Shahbaz\Desktop\*
    C:\DocumentsandSettings\Shahbaz\ApplicationData\Opera\Opera\profile\cache4\*

So on my system Opera is allowed to create ANY file in two locations Desktop and its cache folder. For all other locations i will get a popup. Desktop is my default folder for Opera downloads. If you want to allow only creation of .exe files, u can use *.exe instaed of *.... so on and so forth.

For 7-zip- just go to its rules in Computer Security Policy and ALLOW 7zG.exe and 7zFM.exe to modify protected files and folders( default is ASK).

Hope it,s clear.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  16. aigle

aigle Registered Member

No. I can,t mark browser trsuted in D+. It should be infact marked as Isolated if possible.

17. Dieselman

Everyone else uses that setting with no problem and I pass all leak tests. The way your doing it is too much work.

18. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Not every one else ofcourse. Marking browser as trsuted is not a good idea.

19. SystemJunkie

SystemJunkie Resident Conspiracy Theorist

Import of my blocked network zones doesn´t work.
    All settings are lost before version 3.0.17.

20. Diver

Diver Registered Member

I have to agree with agile. Just allowing protected file & folder access fixed web browsers and several other apps.

21. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hi Driver! in case of web browsers etc allow it only for specific folders as I mentioned. Otherwise if allowed globally, theoretically ur browser can even drop a file in system32 folder or start up folder.

It actually works a sort of sandbox for the browser.

22. Gizzy

Gizzy Registered Member

I wouldn't trust my browser even though I sandbox it,

I don't have a single entry marked as trusted it gives a program too much freedom for my taste.

I haven't updated to the newest version yet I didn't even know there was a newer version until only a few hours ago.

23. rogervernon

rogervernon Registered Member

I have to say that on my XP laptop the latest release of CPF, V3 is running as sweet as a nut.
    I'm impressed how far it has come in user friendliness since the first versions.
    Unless something dramatic and unforeseen happens, it's staying on my machine!
    :D :D :D

24. Dieselman

LOL...............try installing something. I had to baby sit Comodo while installing Windows updates as well as many others.

25. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

thats the problem. you install a security software thinking that it protects you. but instead you are bombarded with popups asking for permission to run. so in the end the security is put on the users hand. so why do i install a security software if it doenst protect me the way i want but just keeps on asking what to do? it doesnt make the difficult decisions for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.