COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.11.246 RC1 Released

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by acr45, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

I think the list of FW/HIPS scoring 100% is going to grow even more by year's end, and Matousec will have to work on up-grading "his product" instead of the developers. The shoe will be on the other foot for a change. lol

2. SpookyET

SpookyET Guest

He is already upgrading the tests. There will be no more tests until the current tests are rewritten and upgraded.

3. crifasi

crifasi Registered Member

Can someone explain to me what to do with the files in the "my pending files" window of Comodo? Are they working or not? Were they installed or not? The "help" link is not available for my version of Comodo.

4. Adric

Adric Registered Member

My understanding is that files that appear in my pending files, are files that have been newly created, modified or deleted since the time that CFP was installed. If a new file belongs to CFP's safelist , it will not show up in my pending files. Only files that are unknown are put there so the user can review them and decide what needs to be done. The same holds true for modified files. Some files may have been deleted for some reason and these will also show up here so you are aware that they have been deleted. Use the purge button to clean the list of deleted files after reviewing. You can thin out the list even more by either moving the files to quarantine, your own safelist, or simply removing the file from the list in which case it will also be considered safe. You can also add files to my pending files if you do not want them to be considered safe.

Documentation for V3 should be coming out soon. My description here may not be 100% accurate, but this is what I have determined while testing the RC1.

Al

5. DickDiver

DickDiver Registered Member

hey

I got a problem

Assume my programm X wants to connect to the net. It needs therefore to outgoing connections in sequel order to different IPs.

How can I block the first IP and how can I allow the second?

Best would be to have a rule fore the first connection and to allow it each time manually the second! Cause I need control over the second connection...

PS: I managed to set up a rule by myself but I wasnt able to manage that with Comodo in learning mode or any other mode!?

Eg. in learning mode warning pops up for the first conection with IP and port but beside wich action I take the rule created is a general one. Comodo misses to create it for the IP taken into consideration! I mean the rule should be individual and only for the IP and port shown in the warning pop up or?

greetz.

6. ggf31416

ggf31416 Registered Member

Change firewall alert level to Very High

7. DickDiver

DickDiver Registered Member

You mean "Defense&Security Level" ? Because there I have the option to 'go paranoid'.
    If not, please tell my where I can change to Very High.

greetz

8. ggf31416

ggf31416 Registered Member

I don't remember as I don't have Comodo installed right now. It should be in the main GUI (not the tray icon), under firewall. IIRC was the second tab of the last option of the second page of settings (the first page is called common task IIRC).

9. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.