COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.11.246 RC1 Released

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by acr45, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SystemJunkie

SystemJunkie Resident Conspiracy Theorist

2.4 also has issues, if you block individual dlls sometimes internet access is no more possible, secondary I guess most prefer design of Comodo 3 so no one wants to step back, understand?

2. Sportscubs1272

Sportscubs1272 Registered Member

I can't wait when they get a help guide out and iron out some of the bugs. I'm so tired of the olive green colors of the GUI!

3. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I like the new colors! The old version had a nice look also.

4. Sportscubs1272

I hope they come up with different colors just like Zonealarm. I was curious on what to do with the pending files with the Proactive Defense? I have like 300 something files ready for review.

5. SystemJunkie

Looool
    Agree
    Agree too! :D

6. Diver

Diver Registered Member

Perhaps its because 3.0 is beta, but I like 2.4 better for its simplicity. I really think it is destined to be a classic like Kerio 2.15 with many users long after 3.0 goes final.

7. SystemJunkie

If you are concerned about high security then Online Armor Free is a good alternative too especially if you use a good anti-keylogger in combination, then its better as Comodo.

8. clocks

clocks Registered Member

How much RAM does it use? My PC will not boot into Windows after installing the latest release. ALso,on earlier build it would strangle my bandwidth while file sharing.

9. Hairy Coo

Hairy Coo Registered Member

I do think 3.0 is uneccessarily complex-even if they have the knowledge,should imagine a lot of people just wont have the patience to fiddle around,unless they regard it as a hobby.

For me this has been by far the worst for popups-virtually unusable-17 to install an app. and over 50(I stopped counting) to uninstall.

Yes- I was on the default settings:mad:

10. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

The highest arent the default. Also there is an installation mode for a reason.

11. Sportscubs1272

You can use the installation mode to uninstall your programs. Maybe the final release will have that setting too!

12. Hairy Coo

Hairy Coo Registered Member

Thanks for the tip:D

13. SystemJunkie

So to decrease paranoia it was probably false positive related to online armor according to Mike.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  14. the insider

the insider Registered Member

Hi,
    I used comodo 2.4 now I installed v3 but .... I seems to me if I can no longer control which app is allowed/ask/blocked ? Where can I prevent a certain app to connect to Internet o_O? I have adobe acrobat running, let it search for updates and ... nothing is asked by comodo if it is OK or not ....:(

15. mikeo1313

mikeo1313 Registered Member

probably you have it in training mode... so basically it learns all actions.

I can't get file sharing to work without taking down the firewall or putting it in "installation mode" which pretty much sucks.

16. Coolio10

.....this is normal. Its called "security". If a firewall let incoming connections in by default you could be hacked so easily. Go firewall and open the stealth ports wizard. And pick the setting according to the pic below. Now everytime you use a p2p is will ask for incoming connection rule. By default your suppose to manually add ports so you do not accept random incoming people trying to get in.

Attached Files:

17. SystemJunkie

Attention with adobe, I think there are some exploits itw...

Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  18. 2good

2good Guest

you can allow or block any application,just press on the firewall tap hit advanced it will take you to network security policy from there you can change the settings for an example , outgoing, allow .browser.etc.

19. the insider

the insider Registered Member

Yes I agree; but Adobe Acrobat is nowhere in sight in that list .....

20. Adric

Adric Registered Member

When using the default security level (Train with Safe Mode), CFP V3 RC1 will auto create FW rules for that application the first time it is launched since it considers it to be a safe application. Note the little pop-ups above the system tray for each rule created. At least that is how it works on my system. Once the rule is created, you can change it to fit your needs. The same is true for the D+ rules if D+ is enabled.

Al

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2007
  21. ggf31416

ggf31416 Registered Member

Comodo 3 without defense+ is not much better than kerio 2.1.5

22. Coolio10

That is because most 2.4 protection is now the hips. Try 2.4 and you will see how secure it is.

23. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Comodo3 is a combination of firewall/HIPS, so if you do not want to install/enable the HIPS, you will be left with the firewall alone, then with the option to install, or continue use of, the HIPS you already use/know.

This was requested, and if fully implimented, where various parts/modules can be installed(or not), is a good example of a vendor following users wants/needs.

24. Coolio10

The developer is also is going to implement a antileak and ics mode after the final release.

Antileak should mimic comodo pf 2.4 so it still offers high security to stop the known methods of malware. Many people you can now see are saying comodo is not as good as online armor or outlook because it no longer is in 1st on matousec but if you change 1 single setting it will pass all. This is because comodo offers this 1 setting that the others do not which makes the program easier to use. It was just a simple safelist entry that stopped comodo 2.4 from getting 100%. This is now an option in the 3.0 installation.

25. Diver

Diver Registered Member

Which setting and what safelist entry? What is a safelist for that matter?

Some of the other members seem to echo my sentiments with regard to the increase in complexity in the move from version 2.4 to version 3. I believe that all but the most savvy users will become confused and make serious configuration errors that will erode or even evade the potential security of Comodo 3.0. I believe it will be nowhere near as widely accepted as 2.4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.