Comodo Firewall Privacy Intrusion !?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by hiro, Aug 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Hiro, I've seen guys like yourself before proclaiming the sky is falling, the sky is falling. But the common denominator is the fact that you are just spinning your wheels. You never say, "according to these facts" or "click on this link and you will see for yourself that so and so is selling your info". You are simply an agitator looking to discredit someone, probably because at some point in the recent past you had a personal problem with Comodo. My challange to you is: Put up or shut up.:mad:

2. hiro

hiro Registered Member

They defend itself in this mode on firewall home forum, if this is enough and acceptable for firewall user, and come from serious company with honest work, I no comment.

~removed post quote content that was from Commodo Forums....Bubba~

just to start, EVIDENCE:

1. existence of Unique ID
    2. small part of code when firewall istalations create Unique ID
    ============================================================
    /products/!PlaceOrder?emailAddress=&1_PPP=180&licenc>
    "FEATURE_COOKIE_KB932044"
    "FEATURE_RESPECT_OBJECTSAFETY_POLICY_KB905547"
    ============================================================
    Comodo must to answer user on this question not I.
    Fully disclose and publish details of the Unique ID and where is stored on user HD.

PS: Seer, Singidunum is capital of Kukuland? or I have wrong. (konju j.)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2007
  3. Bls440

Bls440 Registered Member

And what about the spyware I've found thanks to spyware doctor ? ;) that's an evidence.
    (see my previous post)

4. dave88

dave88 Registered Member

5. Mr. Malware

Mr. Malware Registered Member

I don't spread Malware I use Linux.

As far as I'm concerned Comodo company needs to tell the truth to its users about what going on with this breach in privacy.

6. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, just curious. I have heard that on comodo's forums, postings are very selective. I wonder that have you post your SD findings there yet or---has been censored? I guess it will be an one more F.P. that " I say so." eh? Security firm, security application--- but in the end , nothing but a sticky hand caught in the cookie jar! What a cyber world. What a mission against malwares.

7. Bls440

Bls440 Registered Member

I'm gonna post it on Comodo's forum. I'll keep you up to date :)

Edit : feels like someone already copy pasted my post. Comodo says this is a false positive. Who to believe, I have no clue :)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2007
  8. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Since Mr. Hiro has finally disclosed evidence to substantiate his claims, now the ball is in Comodo's court. Dispute it OR find a fall guy and let the AXE fallen. The whole thing will be over and tomorrow will be another new day. Just a loonie-sense advice.

9. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

He did?

10. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, did'nt he publish something on post#52 ? or just a question for an impossible reply ?

11. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hello hiro,
    This as always been known, and if users who install the firewall do not know this, then they obviously dont take note of the popups during installation:-
    ID.jpg
    But, as I have mentioned, if no e-mail is entered, and the option "Sign me up" is unchecked, I do not see any attempt by the firewall to connect out.

Again, this just shows an ID is made. This does not mean that the Vendor is then going to "Track you". If this was the case, then we should also look at all other firewalls that have a "Unique ID", which they have, they are called a "License". We would also need to look at windows itself, the AV`s we install, and anything else that has a license(Unique ID) that connects to the internet.

This only shows that an ID is generated, nothing else.

12. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Thank you Stem! :cool:

If anyone is to be believed here, it is certainly you, not the Spreader of FUD - hiro.

hiro - You are posting crap on Wilder Security Forums, and that is not welcome here. You really need to leave now!

People - I am definitely not the biggest supporter of Comodo around, but, I do NOT believe this FUD at all, and I encourage you all to reject it, as well!! (I'm talking about any of their software products doing any illicit tracking. Whether they use Google Analytics or not on their website is not the issue. Tens of thousands of sites use that. But, no reputable vendor codes tracking calls into their firewall software - Comodo included!)

I totally and completely doubt they are tracking everyone in the way Hiro has posted. I encourage everyone to read the threads over at the Comodo forums, and draw your own conclusions which I believe will tell you that they are not bad people at all. :isay:

hiro - take your FUD to some other place on the Internet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.