comodo firewall? (not working)

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by russianbear, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. russianbear

russianbear Registered Member

hi all!

Looks like COMODO has some security "issues" untold. I few days ago I disabled my windows fw leaving only comodo firewall enabled and my system was EXPOSED to the whole wild world! I'm serious try disabling windows firewall leaving only comodo enabled (make sure you are not behind any type of router) and see for yourself...

Cheers,
    Denis.

2. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

Anyway run two fw is always not a good idea: risk of conflict or interferences. Second, did you set Comodo fw ? How ? What means " my system was EXPOSED ? ".

3. russianbear

I have installed the latest version of Comodo with default settings (defence + not enabled) and I went to the grc.com and did the shields up! test and it failed.

Denis.

4. blacknight

What did you fail ? Open ports ? Which ones ? You should check which applications use them and why....

5. russianbear

It falled with all "closed" ports and no ICMP blocked. A good firewall must block all incoming stuff no matter what I do on my PC (a hardware one does), but I need to secure my netbook so that won't work anyway any suggestions?

6. fax

fax Registered Member

Sounds like your router/modem is doing NAT (all closed ports). So, its not Comodo answering to GRC.

7. russianbear

I don't have a firewall at all on my 3g modem anyway I have switched to SterJo free firewall that does it's job well.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2011
  8. blacknight

If you don't block ICMP you'll never pass GRC test I believe.

9. Izzle

Izzle Registered Member

FWIW, I'm a new user to Comodo PFW and I let it default to disabling windows firewall (xp SP3), and everything passes GRC in stealth.

10. jasonbourne

jasonbourne Registered Member

--True.

Incidentally on default settings both on the CIS Beta ver5.8 Build 2075 and the stable version CIS ver5.5 I have TruStealth on both dial-up and router set-up. Actually I see that CIS / OA Premium / Outpost Pro default settings at TruStealth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.