Comodo Firewall - Can this setup work?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by dja2k, Oct 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

I have not used Utorrent much (only to check setup), If I remember correctly, the inbound port is the same for TCP/UDP, so I do not think you need the rule to: allow in UDP any 1024-65535.

2. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Okay removed that UDP rule, everything is still working, guess you were correct again. :D But now I can't access any FTP site. Maybe I should add that port to the firefox rules and also to my network rules to allow port 21 for TCP\UDP, though is it inbound or outbound for FTP port 21?

dja2k

Last edited: Oct 13, 2006
  3. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

FTP: allow out TCP remote port 21,... but you would also need to allow for passive FTP (which is now what is normally used), this is: allow out TCP local ports 1024-65535 remote ports 1024-65535

No need to add to "network" rules.

4. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Um okay I allowed port 21 to the list of tcp out (80 and 443) and also added the 1024-65535 also , but still can't connect. I don't know what you meant by local and remote though, there is no way to specify in this firewall.

dja2k

5. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Figured it out, happens I did have to add the port 21 to the network rules according to the log, my rule #9 was blocking it, rule 9 is the last ip block all at the end.

dja2k

6. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Anyone know good application rules for MSN Messenger and Yahoo Messenger (both messenger and updater)?

dja2k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.