Comodo Dragon Browser - Where Is It Around Here?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DasFox, Oct 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

We aren't going here either. My next post will be announcing closer of this thread.

IT IS ABOUT THE BROWSER.

Pete

2. Eice

Eice Registered Member

Right. So here's the reason why bothering with Comodo Lizard is a waste of time: it doesn't support extensions!

Even if you think you don't need extensions, going with Comodo Lizard is still a terrible idea. Why? Because the Chromium codebase officially added extensions support starting from version 4, which was released in January 2010, meaning that Lizard is based on a version of Chromium that's over 11 months old. Given Chromium's breakneck pace of development, Lizard is missing out on a ton of upstream improvements and new features that have landed since then, with no clue of when it'll get updated, if ever.

With so many other Chromium derivatives to choose from, why bother with something as obsolete as Lizard? It's just another rubbish Comodo product, that's all, and their ability to ruin even something as good as Chromium really says a lot.

3. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

Google Chrome is available for Windows, Linux, Apple.
    It synchronizes my settings flawlessly and with my preferred extensions I also have my bookmarks synchronized to my iPod Touch.
    This level of functionality is lacking in the Dragon browser (staying on topic :) ), which I installed and uninstalled long time ago.

Concerning privacy and tracking my behaviour: when I swipe my credit card at the store, I leave information behind. Just a real life example.
    Any situation has advantages and disadvantages. Computer security is more the result of my actions than of the browser that I'm using.

4. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 Registered Member

Deleted

5. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Yes 4x is a bit old and I made a post over this, over there. They do need to get more with the times and if they aren't then to explain their reasons for it.

Have you tried the beta out, because if you have't I think you're being a bit harsh, I wouldn't call it rubbish, that's stretching it a bit and I don't see that they've ruined anything.

Here's the post for the beta;
    https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corn...a-is-now-available-for-download-t63753.0.html

I'm using it right now and I have installed one extension into it, 'Speed Dial' and it works fine, as far as others, well who knows until you try them.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  6. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Yikes!

Could someone post the user agent string?

7. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Here;

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.3 (KHTML, like Gecko) Comodo_Dragon/6.0.0.5 Chrome/6.0.472.55 Safari/534.3

8. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Thanks!

So while being updated as far as privacy concerns, they're lagging in security since Chrome 7 has security fixes relative to Chrome 6.

9. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 Registered Member

And that is a very good reason not to use this browser.

10. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Do you know a changelog showing these security fixes in 7 so I can post about it over at Comodo and see what they have to say...

Yes I agree they lag behind, I'm using the 6x beta they have out.

And it has to make you wonder, why?

I've made a post over there regarding this...

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...is-picture-comodo-has-to-change-t64536.0.html

Well I'm no dummy, been in this business a long time, so I hope they'll listen to what I'm saying because I know what I'm saying, yep I agree they have to pump it up and get on the ball more and I hope they do.

11. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/ for starters.

:D :thumb:

Go easy on the modesty ;)

12. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

13. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Sorry Pete. I got a bit carried away ...

14. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Well if they can just get their versions more up to date, then I think we have something to keep an eye on...

Let's hope...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.