Comodo Dragon 6.0.0.10

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by AvinashR, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Comodo Dragon - fast and versatile Internet Browser based on Chromium, infused with Comodo's unparalleled level of Security! The Comodo Dragon has taken the latest Chromium technology and beefed it up in the one way necessary to make it the optimum Browser to use on today’s malware plagued Internet with superior security and privacy. The Comodo Dragon encompasses all of the best features of Chrome. It includes an important feature every user needs to use the Internet in total safety today.

The interface looks pretty much the same like Chrome with tabs on top. A browser developed by a company that is best known for its firewall software can leave people feeling more secure about their Internet usage. Comodo Dragon will pull up a bright-yellow caution message warning people that sending information may be unsafe when they are entering a Web site with an unstable security certificate. Also, Dragon does not send browsing information to a remote server.

Changes in version 6.0.0.10:

IMPROVED: Chromium core 6.0.472.63 is used
    IMPROVED: Processing of domain validation has got better UI.
    IMPROVED: Comodo Secure DNS is available.
    FIXED: More UI elements are correctly translated.
    FIXED: All browser's windows have dragon's GUI interface.

Homepage:- http://www.comodo.com/home/browsers-toolbars/browser.php

Download:- --http://download.comodo.com/dragon/DragonSetup.exe--

2. CiX

CiX Registered Member

Comodo Dragon is updated, finally:shifty:

3. Reimer

Reimer Registered Member

Interesting how Comodo is still using Chromium v6. The very latest Chromium builds are v9.

Even the stable build of Chrome is at version 7. Granted, Google goes through version numbers like it's nothing but still goes to show they seem to like using much older builds.

4. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

They said the are more interested in stability then bleeding edge which is the reason for the version number.

But it is my understanding that there are security fixes in version 7 and if that's true I don't get why they aren't at least using version 7.

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Comodo people are developing so many products at the same time that it's impossible for them to actively continue the development of all these products.

Very unprofessional IMO.

And i prefer to use plain chromium as it will be latest with better security.

6. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

What security does Comodo Dragon provide that Chrome or Chromium don't? I never really could understand why.

Any useful information explaining what does Comodo add to Chromium builds to make their Chromium based browser more secure than Chromium?

7. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

I also think it's a pity it's not really actively developed.

From the comodo site:
    Comodo Dragon Security:

* Has privacy enhancements that surpass those in Chromium's technology
    * Has Domain Validation technology that identifies and segregates superior SSL certificates from inferior ones
    * Stops cookies and other Web spies
    * Prevents all Browser download tracking to ensure your privacy

Still not really specific at some points, but at least better than the normal is more secure marketing speech.

8. scott1256ca

scott1256ca Registered Member

Does this provide any security enhancements over srware iron? I mean I could use comodo dns with any browser, so that is not an improvment. I think iron is built on V7 of chromium.

9. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Great browser very fast. :D

10. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Re: New Comodo Dragon 8.0.0.4

They've just released version 8.0.0.4

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.