Comodo Cleaning Essentials 2.xx Thread

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Mops21, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

the signatures automatically update when you open CCE, just leave the program open for a while so it can download the 90mb's worth of signatures, it will download in the same directory as the CCE.exe so you can take the root folder anywhere and it will keep the signatures which were previously downloaded. you can test this by looking at the folder size before you run it and then check the folder size again after the program has been open for a while.

by the way the whole program is portable so you wont need to carry the definition file separate to the program. just transfer the whole root folder to a usb drive and it will run just fine

2. qakbot

qakbot Registered Member

Why do you need signatures when you can get better intel from the cloud ?

3. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

-offline scanning
    -portability
    -ability to use software from a live cd easily

much better for technicians like myself

edit- CCE also uses the cloud, best of both worlds. CCE removes way more stuff and provides more functionality than norton power eraser (which uses the cloud). thats from my personal experience anyway

4. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Hi all

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...essentials-25242177201-released-t85408.0.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2012
  5. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Thanks for the heads up Mops.

6. Ashanta

Ashanta Registered Member

Since I installed the beta portable version, I have a blue screen on my friend's laptop on his Admin account. Each times, laptop starts after logging to the Admin account, the blue screen is coming up.

I checked the startup programs with Msconfig, but I found anything related to Comodo. I also checked the service, to watch a possible Comodo driver, but I found anything. I don't know how to stop this BSOD.

If I force a delete to all Comodo folders, I don't think it will be solution.

Any idea ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.