Comodo Cleaning Essentials 1.xx Thread

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Mops21, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buckslayr

buckslayr Registered Member

Thanks. I'm going to give it a try. Might be a good compliment to AppGuard.

2. qakbot

qakbot Registered Member

This looks like an illegal use of products from Kaspersky and other vendors. Hopefully someone from Kaspersky and other vendors who's products are being used here for indirect financial gain, lets their employers know.

3. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

Correct. The odd thing is that I've seen no reaction whatsoever from any vendor. o_O

4. icr

icr Registered Member

This feature of comodo has been in known for a long time and by now all the vendors should have known about this for sure and this has been discussed alot in comodo's forum mind if you read over there and your queries will be answered;)

5. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

ok that's the case................which is why i was surprised to see name of avg/kaspersky,when languy ran cc to find leftover malware during his testings.....
    i thought they had taken permission..................i think melih is gonna land in trouble,if he hasn't purchased their licenses....

6. icr

icr Registered Member

Guess this makes it clear;)

7. guest

guest Guest

This is because it's legal.

There is no financial gain, and Comodo does not use/own the results of DACS for his own benefit, I mean they not use the results to improve their AV, or any other thing related with their products. The only benefit of DACS is for us, the users.
    DACS servers (I think they are on the amazon cloud) are running by an independent and nonprofit "organization".
    Read the first post: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=289508&highlight=DACS

But please don't start another discussion, this was already discussed and the thread was closed, you can be agree or not, or you can think if is ethical or not but until now is clear that is legal.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2011
  8. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

its not clear that its legal, its clear that nobody knows for certain

9. guest

guest Guest

Please speak for yourself, dont try again to expand your ignorance to the rest, if you still have doubts hire a lawyer, and he will explain it to you all the times you need.

10. CogitoTesting

CogitoTesting Registered Member

It does not matter how Comodo sugar coats this, it is not legal. It is simply theft under the guise of protecting users, "comodo users". I mean there is nothing wrong in protecting Comodo's own users with their own security stuff; but if Comodo is using someone else's products the least that Comodo could have done was to ask for permission. It did not.

This is the calm before the storm. Probably Comodo is starting to receive some cease and desist letters. If after that Comodo still persists then the worst legal action(s) is/are yet to come.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  11. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

I would think that the legal departments of the companies involved know a bit more about potential copyright infringement than posters on Wilders. It seems that the previous unwarranted criticism of Comodo products has now progressed to Slandering the Company.

(why isn't this thread closed?)

12. icr

icr Registered Member

Only time will tell people till then enjoy this superb program;)

13. CogitoTesting

CogitoTesting Registered Member

Please get your fact straight; it is not called slander it is rather intellectual theft. The real fact is that Comodo did not ask for permission from the security companies whose signatures it is currently using for CCE.

Melih thinks he is clever because he thought that he found a clever way to circumvent copyright laws. Think again Melih and his minions.

14. guest

guest Guest

Wow, men we didn't know that you were able to read the future, anything else that you are seeing that is happening now, letters... something else?

Taking into account that you base all your affirmations in lies you sound like a uninformed troll.

Comodo is using the signatures on CCE? jajajajaja :D dont make me laugh, the next time think a little before write the first thing that goes on you head.

The problem is you dont even know what are you talking about and the only intellectual theft is in your imagination.

CCE uses the CAV engine and the Comodo cloud engine (CAMAS) and it's own signatures, that's all. Comodo does not save or use any information about the results of the files sent to DACS. Is this so hard to understand?
    And as far as I know CCE is not connected with DACS in any way only killswitch.

If Comodo would be using this information in their own benefit it would be ilegal and it would be quite easy to proof for the rest of the companies, like karspersky did some time ago with some vendors that were copying their signatures.

In fact there is no database/signatures online or local with the results, the files unknown for the Comodo whitelist in killswitch are sent over and over again to DACS every single time you open killswitch, you can try yourself.

I have unknown process but safe that are sent evey single time to DACS and were sent the first day that DACS started to work and still today those process are unknown for Comodo and have been send several times to DACS during more than a month and still are declared as undetected, so this does not proof anything but tells me that they are not using the output of DACS.
    You can try the same concept with malware.

15. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

sorry, i didnt realize you are apparently the coordinator behind DACS since u seem to have so much certainty :rolleyes:

16. sded

sded Registered Member

The most interesting thing is that nobody seems to care except a few Comodo users. After the huge buildup that this is the saviour of the AV world ("Lord DACS"), reaction is really ho-hum. Even the vendors who are being ripped off have better things to do than complain about it. And the Process Hacker guy seems to have wandered off. Use it if it makes you feel good. :)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  17. guest

guest Guest

Certanty? well there is a thing call law open to everybody all this have been said here before I dont understand why you are so surprise.

You are saying that Comodo is breaking a law that you don't even understand, also seems that you still dont get how DACS works something that has been explained several times in Comodo forums and here. If you were interested in have this "certainty" you would have take a look to Comodo forums or ask there but seems that you are not interested in learn just troll a little.

You can continue telling your troll stories about Comodo stealing signatures or killing dolphins but this will not make it true.

Now would be nice if we can come back to the main topic and spend the imagination in other things.

Comodo is investing money in DACS and only the users can take profit from it.

By the way DACS was already presented in public in the RSA conference surrounded by all the competitors and nobody cares, and the "malevolous" Melih got the prize of "Entrepreneur of the Year":
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1831238&postcount=15
    http://www.rsaconference.com/index.htm
    http://www.itsecuresite.com/securit...-at-leading-security-industry-conference.html

18. sded

sded Registered Member

I was a delegate at the RSA Security Conference and must have missed Melih at his booth at the Expo-Comodo probably didn't give out good enough prizes to draw a big crowd. Wasn't the "presentation" a video to whoever was interested? Didn't see an announcement of that in the RSA program either, so missed that too. I thought I saw the awards ceremony going on at a room at the Hilton on my way back to my room from the conference-the name on the door looked like the right org. Not really related to the conference, just going on in the same city at about the right time. I had never heard of InfoSecurity Products guide, but they sure seem to give out a lot of awards. Always nice to get an award though.

19. guest

guest Guest

Well, they were not exactly hide
    http://www.google.es/search?q=RSA c...s=org.mozilla:es-ES:official&client=firefox-a
    http://www.comodo.com/news/press_releases/2011/02/Comodo-Exhibit-RSA-2011.html

I think that an expo like the RSA conference can't add all the events of all the vendors in the program unless you want to print a bible. There was in the program the events of all the others vendors? :rolleyes:
    I have been in similar places and taking into account that in this kind of expos can be around 200 companies making 3 or 4 presentations/events a day...

Anyway Comodo does not need this kind of things, in their main bussines they are quite expanded
    https://www.comodo.com/news/press_r...lies-more-ssl-certificates-than-verisign.html
    https://www.comodo.com/news/press_releases/2010/07/comodo-high-assurance-ssl-certificates.html

As you can see they dont even mention CIS (just the end point solution), CCE or DACS...

20. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Enough with all of your ethics and your versions of "legal".

Let's get back to discussing the technical aspects of the product.

21. guest

guest Guest

Well I think that I have never seen an RC3 with Comodo and CCE is quite stable now, so probably the next version will be the final release and the next step it's add DACS to CIS.
    Would be nice to know if any other product will be interested in run DACS.

22. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Hopefully it won't be swallowed into the AV, and development of separate product stops..

23. harsha_mic

harsha_mic Registered Member

it would be interesting to see CCE or either parts of CCE along with Site Inspector in CIS.

PS. Its been announced that future versions of CIS would incorporate Site Inspector. Its still under development.

Thanks,
    Harsha

24. guest

guest Guest

I have never heard about SI http://siteinspector.comodo.com/public interesting, maybe they will do in a future something like urlvoid in a bar for the browser, like DACS but with url scanners, I suggested them and they didn't say no :D

I'm almost sure that CCE and KS will be developed as a separate products, both are part of the idea of Comodo of a cleaning tool. In fact if they add DACS to CIS I think that they will not use any code from Killswitch/Process Hacker,
    Add DACS to CIS will take some time the resources needed to handle DACS for all CIS users quite high, but anyway due to the big whitelist almost nothing that normally runs in you computer is unknown to them so is not uploaded.

25. icr

icr Registered Member

Infact the developers are even thinking to develop a boot time scan of CCE for removal of malwares that stop execution of execuatbles;) I am sure I have read in comodo's forum:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.