COMODO (CIS) & Windows 7 RC

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by TheKid7, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I have COMODO Internet Security (CIS) installed on my Windows 7 RC PC. Everything seems to be running OK. The other day I looked at my Windows 7 Security Center and I think that it showed the Windows Firewall "On". Does CIS turn off the Windows 7 RC Firewall when it is installed?

Thank you.

2. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I hope it is really, but I never seen any of my firewalls turn off/on or Comodo for that matter windows firewall. I was thinking of putting Windows 7 RC on a non-occupied partition of a XP HD. But then I hear (read) the Final version of Windows 7 Is coming out in August (but there usually is a furrily of patches at first but well see). I think I read Windows 7 is incompatable with some Firewalls, so compatability mode might be your only avenue of using Comodo at this time till Comodo makes it more compatable with Windows 7 RC. But maybe it will in the Windows 7 Final version.

3. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Windows 7 doesn't know that Comodo is there, so if you turn off the Win Firewall, 7 will complain that you have no firewall running. Comodo seems to work fine though, I installed it in compabilitity mode for Vista SP1 when I tested it out on 7, and no problems. I think they're working on a version for Windows 7.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.