Comodo CIS v4 Not Bullet Proof

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by The Source, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Source

The Source Registered Member

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. The Source

I want be using CIS v4 period. There are just to many problems with that application and it's going to take a long time for Comodo to get it figured out and operating properly.

I've changed to O. A. and haven't looked back! Still have top of the line protection and I don't mind paying for it.

The Source

4. Noob

Noob Registered Member

lol, first post and it's bashing other products :D
    I think there were a few threads regarding this, or it was in the Comodo thread :rolleyes:

5. The Source

Haven't bashed anything just stated a fact and an my opinion! Since when is that incorrect?

The Source

6. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

just give it time, this is a new version it will be fixed.

7. The Source

Maybe so..................Saw the cleanup link on your post. Does it work with Windows 7 Ultimate or Enterprise?

8. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

No app is Bullet Proof

9. Watasha

Watasha Registered Member

I agree Ibrad, nobody ever said CIS was bulletproof.

Too many problems? What are these problems? How do you know how long it's going to take to fix these "problems"?

It's easy to make sweeping generalized statements, back it up with some substance. Every new release for every company has a bug here and there so when OA has a new release I guess you can get mad about that too and switch to somebody else.:rolleyes:

CIS 4 is smooth as silk on my PC. No "problems".:D

10. ratwing

ratwing Guest

That's right.
    I like my set up,I trust it,but if I really thought it was bulletproof.....

I guess I would get really,really bored.
    (Or really arrogant)

Still looking,Not toward Comodo,(but happy!!)
    rat

11. The Source

There is no need for anyone on this or any other forum taking to heart what is written on a forum and becoming so defensive about there favorite security application. Forums are for discussion and personal views and opinions.

Everyone has there favorite applications and that is their choice.

The moderator is the one whom stated that Comodo is not Bullet Proof. There are numerous applications on the market that are as such. As far as the problems you can read them on Comodo Forums they are mentioned in several locations. In my opinion there are to many problems for me to use that application and that is what I stated. Stop trying to read into my post what is not there.

As far as the time period I meant Comodo developers are not magicians and it will not be fixed in the blink of the eye. I am sure in due time Comodo will figure it all out, they have in the past.

I'm glad to hear that your choice of a security app is working so well for you!
    Online Armor works for me and i'm very satisfied. Don't think I will be having those problems if O. A. should release another version, but who knows I am only human and cannot predict the future........................................

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  12. Watasha

I am not getting defensive. People come to forums such as this for advice right? Let's say Joe Newbie comes here and sees your generalized post of "CIS problems" (or any other security app) he may automatically think that said app is trash. You posted a statement with absolutely zero substance. It might as well have read "I hate Comodo and think it's stupid". All I asked for you to do is list your problems, you still haven't. Nor have you given a reason why the devs won't fix them, they have actually worked out all of the bugs I experienced on install already. I'm not defensive at all and I'm certainly no Comodo fanboy, I just don't like sweeping negativity. As for you thinking that OA, Alwil, Comodo, Kaspersky or anyone and everyone else for that matter, do not have bugs upon new releases, you're delusional. It happens to EVERYONE. PLEASE, WHAT WERE YOUR PROBLEMS? I want to know if I can report unresolved issues to the devs to HELP others who may be experiencing the same issues, if they exist. If you would have answered that in the first place, I wouldn't have had to type this manifesto.o_O

13. ratwing

ratwing Guest

@Watasha

While "Joe Newbie" may well be the primary target of Comodo,he remains
    Among those best served by a critical review of comodo.

You want a list?

Fine.
    1.Endlless promises of bug fixs that extend over build after build.
    2.The improper loose cannon activity of the CEO.
    3. Real questions as to the integrity of the company in the issuance of security certs to mail ware domains.
    4. A general "shotgun" approach to development where a 100 apps are
    worked on,and none (other than the Firewall) are developed much past extended beta phase.

At last,is it OK, if I use your post#175.in Wilders thread:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=268242&page=7

To apply to Comodo 4,rather than Avira?

After all,you said it best.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2010
  14. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

We know that the 4 version has some problems and bugs, caused especially by the new sandbox. But it doesn't mean that suddently CIS became weak, untrusthy, not sure. Don't forget that CIS 3 is one of the best or may be the best fw/HIPS ! The problems of a new version don't delete the safety and the power of the previous version.

15. The Source

I am sure Mr Joe Newbie can read and make up his own mind without yours or my help. Mr Newbie will read other post and ask questions and eventually come up with the decision he is comfortable with. It is not your place or mine to make it for him.

Watasha, Pay attention to what you are reading. I never said I had problems with CIS. I said there were to many problems with the application for me to use it. See like Mr. Newbie will eventually do, I made a decision I was comfortable with and that was to go with O. A.

If you want to know what problems exist with CIS, do like I did and go to Comodo Forums and READ! There you will find your substance as I did.

I also said there were many other applications suffering from the same issue, bugs. I also never said the developers would never fix the issues with CIS.

Negativity? You are the merchant of negativity in this post, trying to say i said things I never said!

I missed this earlier and am adding it to this post.
    Quote by Watasha
    I'm not defensive at all and I'm certainly no Comodo fanboy. End of Quote.

If this is so why is it every time Meilh (Comodo CEO) post on Comodo forums you are right behind him waving the Comodo Flag and totally agreeing with him on his recent post. If that's not a Comodo fanboy I don't know what is!

.Post made by Watasha about Avira here on Wilder's;
    Watasha
    Regular Poster

Re: Avira 10 launched
    RejZoR........I'm hearing ALOT of the same complaints from people about this new version. It was built up to be the second coming and it doesn't sound like it's delivering. Every new release has bugs but Avira needs to hurry and pick the ball back up here because Avast is just as easy to spell.

And for Watasha's well being and his concern for Mr. Newbie.......Mr. Newbie if you should happen upon this topic and all these post take nothing that was said here in making your decision. Read and ask questions, and make a decision that you are comfortable with and choose the product of your choice and needs.

Mr. Watasha
    I think enough has been said by both of us on this subject where you and I am concerned. So good luck with your Comodo Products and have a very nice day.

Best Regards.
    The Source

16. The Source

ratwing

You forgot one!

And that being the moderators on Comodo forums think they are God and are dropping Thor's hammer on anyone that ask questions or makes statements that are negative in reference to Comodo Products.

If you voice your opinion about there products on there forum you are considered trolling and trying to cause trouble. They will threaten to ban you from the Comodo Forums Website for this.

17. ratwing

ratwing Guest

@The Source:

Your right,that also.
    Slipped my mind.

respect,
    rat

Edit to correct spelling 1:18am

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2010
  18. Watasha

I DO NOT follow every one of Melih's statements with blind admiration and agree with everything he says. If you were familiar with the Comodo forums you wouldn't have ever thought that. I totally disagree with his stance on AV's and have told him so. I think he sometimes gets ahead of himself and have told him that as well. Actually, I usually don't even comment on his posts. I have been very vocal on bugs present on Comodo products.

The Source.....Please don't call me out and then assume the conversation is over. The post you referred to came from MANY users, including on Wilders. Whereas you commented on problems that you apparently knew NOTHING about as you eluded to the fact that you have never even tried CIS because of the "problems". How does a program have too many issues for you to use it when you have no idea that it has any at all? I've tried Avira 10, and seen it in action.....that means I can comment.

ratwing.....1.Endlless promises of bug fixs that extend over build after build.
    Every bug that I have experienced is gone. CIS 4 is as stable as anything on the market.

2.The improper loose cannon activity of the CEO.
    This is opinion. Steve Jobs is just as much of a "loose cannon". He seems to be doing fairly well for himself.

3. Real questions as to the integrity of the company in the issuance of security certs to mail ware domains.
    I assume you mean "Malware"? Opinion again. Anyway, where's your proof?

4. A general "shotgun" approach to development where a 100 apps are
    worked on,and none (other than the Firewall) are developed much past extended beta phase.

Again, OPINION. Give me proof. You guys conveniently forget every vendors problems except Comodo. The only thing I would agree with this statement on is CTM, even this does work great for many users. CIS, if used correctly is a top notch FREE security suite. If you don't like it, fine. Grow up a bit and realize that unsubstantiated claims get you nowhere.:rolleyes:

19. The Source

Seems you have double standards and say what you wish about products and no one else is suppose to. Where do you see in this topic where I said I never tried CIS v4? Man you need to put the crack pipe down and clear your head and stop saying I said this or I said that when I didn't say it!!!

This is my post and tell me where you see what you are saying about these things;
    "I want be using CIS v4 period. There are just to many problems with that application and it's going to take a long time for Comodo to get it figured out and operating properly.
    I've changed to O. A. and haven't looked back! Still have top of the line protection and I don't mind paying for it."

Which one is it? Did you tell Meilh about his views on AV's or did you not comment? Stop the double talk and ramblings either you did something or you didn't!

I will give you credit for being able to make excuses for what you said. Your very good at that!!! You are the one who posted it here on Wilders about Avira. There is also a similar post on Comodo or did you forget about that one? Many others may have said that about Avira but you are the one who posted it on that topic for Mr. Newbie to see aren't you?

You said this and I quote; I've tried Avira 10, and seen it in action.....that means I can comment. I have tried CIS and by what your saying ........That means I can comment or trash CIS as you did Avira also or is your double standard rules in effect here?

Do I need to go to Comodo forums and copy several post where you were trashing other products or making statements with what you call NO SUBSTANCE and post them here and where you posted right after Meilh stating you totally agree with him on several occasions?

I am very familiar with Comodo forums and I am very very familiar with your post! Does the user names APACHE, Verbal Diarrhea or Brown Mule ring a bell? And since I brought up my user names at Comodo forums, especially this one Verbal Diarrhea I think the readers need to read another topic at Comodo forums. As you will see you can not get a straight answer out of the CEO there or his goons, excuse me moderators, when you confront them with a bug or failure in CIS v4. They did not want to answer any questions and I was accused of trolling. It wasn't until after I had told Meilh I would not use the forum again that he tried to make himself look good by wanting to provide answers on the forum knowing I was no longer on the website.

Here is the link;
    http://forums.comodo.com/other-security-products/free-vs-paid-antivirus-t54789.0.html

As far as who called who out I simply made a statement that I didn't want to and was not going to use Comodo CIS and you got so worked up when I said something in reference to your beloved Comodo you evidently fell out of your high chair and hit your head and are still very delusional. You can not seem understand what has been written and repeat it correctly in your post.

It so happens Avira Premium is my AV of choice but did I go ballistic when I read your comments on your Wilders Post or Comodo Post? NO................Your the one who needs to grow up!!!

You made this remark on your last post; unsubstantiated claims get you nowhere.......you should know you have made several of them on this topic.

20. Clench Tightly

Clench Tightly Registered Member

21. The Source

That post has been edited
    I just went back and looked at the post by Chiron and yes I made a mistake he is not a moderator. Chiron is now stating that the sandbox is not bullet proof, which I totally agree with. I am the one who ran the test and the 5 files did drop through the sandbox and install on the VM installed on a computer. The files were easily removed with Malwarebytes.

Look I'm not trying to influence anyone I just posted a topic of interest and gave my opinion, and said what product I liked.................I think users should know there is a weakest in the sandbox feature and there PC could become infected using CIS. At times if malware is found by CIS it will tell you it has moved it to the sandbox. Good luck finding the file in the sandbox. I have not been able to this date been able to find the file it states it placed in the sandbox.

If there is one thing I have learned, it is most users of Comodo cannot handle a little criticism of there product. This statement was not aimed at you Clench.

There are other problems with that app such as the AV's low detection rate and false positives and it is mentioned on there forums. I don't use that product any longer and am not going into a full discussion on the AV of Comodo CIS. You can find out whatever you would like to know about CIS by going to there website and then by trying there product. All I have to say is I hope you have Good Luck with it!

I will correct the title to this Topic if possible.
    Thanks for calling my attention to this error.

T.S.

22. The Source

Re: Comodo CIS Sandbox Not Bullet Proof

I will on vacation/holiday for the next two weeks, I will reply to all post on my return.

Regards
    T. S.

23. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

It's only natural that Comodo is behind the curve in other areas (i.e. anything not related to firewalling). They're relatively new to the game. I only use the firewall/Defense+ part of the security suite. I do feel that if they dedicate themselves to it they can play catch up in a hurry, but they are not there yet.

Yet another reason I prefer stand-alone programs. They specialize in what they do best, not try to encompass too much gray area. They make a great firewall. I just hope that their dedication to improving in these other areas doesn't adversely affect that. I've seen it happen. It's better to do 1 thing really, really good than do several things marginally.

24. Noob

Noob Registered Member

This is turning into a flame war :D

Oh yeah this was an informative thread actually to make people remember it's not bulletproof.
    But everyone knows CIS V4 have sandbox problems, and some serious ones :D

25. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

Comodo brings out the best in all of us. :argh: But seriously, having tried CIS v4, they are making strides in the right direction. I had Sandbox issues but the firewall/D+ is very good when configured correctly. I'm not a big fan of the AV but it also has improved. Not sure if any security program is bullet proof with the exception of SBIE, only kidding.:D

Ice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.