Comodo BOClean 4.26 out now

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Rednose!, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PiCo

PiCo Registered Member

I think there won't be any problems, because BOClean mainly accesses the memory of all proccesses and terminates proccesses when needed.

If you allow that, BOClean will be able to do its job!

2. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

That would be A-OK.

To anyone's better knowledge on this app, would it be safe to say BoClean is the only MEMORY monitor of this sort.

I assume the polling uses less system energy but i'm unclear of this. Still, it looks to fill another potential gap that should be guarded over.

EASTER

3. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

Easter, I have used it with Processguard, Prevx, and Defensewall combos and it never caused a problem. Running it presently with Dr Web, Defensewall, Returnil set up.

4. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Thanks Threedog.

If it's that Lite and non-intrusive untill called upon, it should add another Layer of protection which is important.

When i go to unleash malare in my research and it loads to memory i expect BoClean to enter Light-Speed to intercept then disable it.

EASTER

5. Gizzy

Gizzy Registered Member

if the malware is in BOClean's signatures,

also EASTER I have BOClean and CFP on my desktop computer and have had no problems with the 2 of them together though that is version 4.25 of BOClean since I haven't been on my desktop computer lately to update BOClean.

6. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Thanks Gizzy for that note of confidence. So far i have no problems with Comodo D+ so don't expect any from the newest BoClean either.

What would you suggest to use in order to test BoClean's rapid intervention technique?

I have real malware on hand for research purposes but wonder how strong a sample to test it with.

I know Leaktests likely would not do much if anything in the way of alerting BoClean's Memory Capture.

EASTER

7. Threedog

Easter...you can use Gibson's leaktest to see how it works. There is a definition in Boclean to detect that for that very purpose. Bear in mind if you do test some baddies that it will either delete them or you will have to add them to the excluder. Once added to the excluder they will not be detected again.

8. Threedog

Oh and as for how strong a malware to fire at it....fire away. It has a very extensive list of unique trojans and their variants that it detects. I have had it catch quite a few things over the years that sailed right by whatever antivirus I was using at the time only to be stopped dead by Boclean.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.